The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you test your fastlane idea without Adwords?

Idea threads
D

Deleted17784

Greetings Fastlane Members! How do you market for a product without using Google Adwords? I am trying to gauge the interest in product that has not yet been developed. My issue is one of the ingredients of my supplement is not approved by google. :bgh: I'm new to internet marketing and learning as I go... How should I generate traffic to my site without a google ad? I have a basic website built which leads to a sales page that says "Currently out of stock". Just want to monitor the amount of hits this page gets. I would consider most of these hits a sale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm stuck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Buy traffic elsewhere to gauge interest. Try Facebook ads, maybe POF, Bing Ads, or one of the many, many other traffic sources out there. Those first three should be fine, PM me if you need others, I have a pretty big list I've been building.

Jason Murphy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Aug 11, 2011
Overland Park, KS
You could find a list manager or a data broker and see if they would test an email offer to a portion of their lists. Offer them a CPC deal, with a budget cap so you don't spend too much.

Also, I would be un-wise to consider "hits" as a "sale" unless you have an existing conversion rate for similar traffic to base it off of. Instead, consider this "general interest". If you can find an affiliate offer that actually sells this product, there is a better sample test to run (and you might be able to approach list owners about a rev-share deal).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Craigslist, FB ads, or Reddit .

I would consider most of these hits a sale.

Hits are not sales. Hits represent "interest" -- if they complete a form, shipping info, etc. and press a button to "Submit Your Credit Card" then I would consider that a 90% converted sale.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You could find a list manager or a data broker and see if they would test an email offer to a portion of their lists. Offer them a CPC deal, with a budget cap so you don't spend too much.

I can't see anyone agreeing to this. They would cannibalize the trust from the list members. You don't send a direct marketing offer that is fake to something so valuable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

D

Deleted17784

Thanks for the help everyone! I will look into some of the social media sites mentioned here. Never thought of that!

Hits are not sales. Hits represent "interest" -- if they complete a form, shipping info, etc. and press a button to "Submit Your Credit Card" then I would consider that a 90% converted sale.

Thanks for the info. This is the whole point of my campaign so perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way. I don't know how to build a form page (I can learn or outsource) and I'm not clear on the legality of having someone submit their card info for a product that doesn't exist...

My sales page clearly states the product price and shipping costs. The BUY NOW button leads to a page that says "product is out of stock until..."

Do you think people will make it all the way to this page and not buy? Even after clearly seeing the product info, price, shipping ETC? Why click the button? I figured all of their questions would be answered at this point.

I don't want to get stuck with $10K worth of useless product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Do you think people will make it all the way to this page and not buy? Even after clearly seeing the product info, price, shipping ETC? Why click the button? I figured all of their questions would be answered at this point.
Keep in mind MJ is saying have them complete ALL OTHER details first, then in your pathway include a "submit payment information" section after taking their info, which will lead them to a page that basically says thank you for your interest, but we are currently out of stock, or coming soon, or something. All you need at this point is the testing numbers to find out whether or not it could be a profitable venture.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.