What's new

How do YOU grind?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

RogueInnovation

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
1,278
Rep Bank
$2,355
User Power: 171%
Just putting this up so you can reference against some other people and maybe add things to your grind process.

Here is mine to get started.
I spend about 70% of my time and focus on the business ideas, most of this time is spent doing things that stretch my reach, about 10% of that time is spent literally writing things down in a permanent way (usable for the biz plan and goals, numbers, etc) About 20% of that time is spent scanning for useful angles, or missing features, another 10% is spent imagining what the products and end result can be realistically, 10% more is spent doing miscellaneous actions that are required, and the other 20% is spent on having a strong mindset, understanding of customers, business and other perspectives.

About 30% of my time is subconsciously associated with business, but more based around rest, relationships, nourishment, and learning to be more graceful, artful, and more psychologically unburdened.
I might watch business things that are less crucial, or I might scrap that and just do side projects or spend time on people not worrying about biz.

Generally every three days or so I expect breakthroughs, at least one page worth of solid useable stuff, and every couple weeks, I do a big rehaul on all the big information, making sure to analyse and assess what I have so I can feel where it has to be pushed.
I sometimes spend a day figuring out how to do something, like "omg, how the f can I get THAT done?" but interspersed between that is other little things that I find helpful to keep things ticking over (little progress on useful things like finances, customer opinions, code setup, the look, new ways of structuring) they are not creative, they are just fiddling around with borders and things I already have getting the right weight and balance.

I generally have some chilled out dubstep playing :p
And am always scanning my to do lists to make sure I'm not forgetting anything logistical, like phone calls, arranging times for people, bank stuff (I make sure to get that done with unimaginable efficiency).

And every now and then I take some time to absorb what is happening. I go out just to think, and keep my mind clear of thoughts.

Curiousity, amusement, enjoying certain things, and smiling about what I have going on and appreciating the pace and movement the biz has.
I struggle towards an idea of full scale, high speed, relentless and tough to beat down traits.
Making sure I don't lose touch with where I started from, others who are just starting biz, and refining the way I challenge myself going forwards.

I talked a bit too much maybe but thats how I grind roughly.
What are the keys you try to follow, to keep you moving and getting solid results?
If you willing to share I think it might help others to compare or adjust their own processes.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom