The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you approach Monday’s?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Everyone talks about what businesses they want to build and how they intend to get into the Fastlane but I think before all that you need to realign your beliefs and thoughts about how you live and your relationships with your current habits.

It’s easy to get lulled into your weekly schedule and slowly settle back into your lowest form of yourself. Wake up later, settle for x results, do the same nightly routine, etc.

I wanted to make this thread as a reminder to those of you that want more out of your life. If you want to live a 1% life you need to do what the 1% do and they’re not letting Monday’s happen to them. They take control from the time they wake up.

If you’re struggling with setting the tonefor your week. Figure out where it’s stemming from and crush the cause of it. Here’s some things that help me set the tone.
  1. I wake up early and go workout - when the alarm goes off I desperately want to snooze it but I get up and go to the gym
  2. I outline my yearly, monthly and weekly goals Sunday nights or early Monday morning so I know where I’m going
  3. I review a daily task list and outline my schedule so I know what to expect and I control my day, it doesn’t control me.
  4. I create outcomes that consistently make Monday’s better. If you hate your job build a timeline to get out by x date. If you hate a certain task, build a structure to remove it or make it more fun
  5. Realize it’s your day to control if you choose to but you have to make the choice consciously everyday, every week.

You’re in complete control of your life but you have to make the decision everyday and if you’re trying to accomplish something you’ve never done you need to form the habits and become the person that is deserving of that thing.

It won’t just happen for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Good point on the gym. I love to workout but I want to get into the habit of going to the gym first thing in the morning instead of the evening. I know by doing this it will give me more energy for the rest of the day. Just need to start going to bed an hour early.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I usually come out of the gate hard at everybody on Monday morning, after a weekend of working, and thinking through the things I have to do.

By mid Tuesday, I'm every single time ground back down to the pace of everyone else. What do you guys do to keep momentum?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I took control by remembering to make and take my prepped lunch so I don't spend money eating out.

Then after my 40 min commute, two blocks away from work I realized I had forgot my backpack at home. MY BACKPACK.

The tone for my week is "wtf is wrong with you" and its just 10AM

D

DeletedUser0287

I don’t really follow days of the week. For my business I work anytime I get the chance to and want to.

Unfortunately, I have a day job that still ties me to 5 days a week. So my Monday is just getting ready for the pointless job...

Wish I could work on my business 24/7

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I took control by remembering to make and take my prepped lunch so I don't spend money eating out.

Then after my 40 min commute, two blocks away from work I realized I had forgot my backpack at home. MY BACKPACK.

The tone for my week is "wtf is wrong with you" and its just 10AM

Perfect opportunity to try fasting.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Thats precisely where i'm at in my journey right now, just getting a solid foundation of habits that will allow me to get to it

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
OMG, I m doing it all wrong.

I slept till 8, than looked at a car to buy and than did a long hike in the Bavarian mountains. There I dictated my mobile some context for my wanttobe business.
Than after a cup of coffee and a bread while driving home I made a break untill I did my 2to3 job.

Than I tryed to do some Impressum and Datenschutz stuff to my facebook account. I gave up frustrated after an hour.
Then I had a break where I was talking to my boys.

Than my wife came home and we ate. Now I m lazy again.

No, it was not my best workable day. I didn t make the dentist appointment. Didn t make the bank transfer, which I do mondays normaly.

But it was a sunny morning; I had a nice hike. And I m happy to be able to make a blue monday sometimes, when I want!

Low Chi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 22, 2019
A good monday has the same prerequisite as any good day: Planning the day before.

"If you let your present results control your thinking, you are going to create more of the same." (wise man)

The capacity to re-evaluate your situation instead of falling into a bad mood-trap can be exercised. There is a differnece between the man waiting in the queue or in traffic jam and the man listening to an audiobook like "Unscripted " in the same queue.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I plan it the night before. I make sure I work on building new income, new skills, and then taking care of existing clients. Sometimes I teach a student or two early in the morning. Usually finish the day teaching late in the evening.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Sundays are my Mondays.

I love getting an uninterrupted head start on Sunday so I'm fine with the inevitable fires that need putting out on Monday. Because it's not a matter of "if," it's "when."

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
I had a lady friend over last night. Was a little later to sleep than normal I have to admit. Definitely not gonna compromise my relationships/fitness or a full 8 hours sleep.

Rocked up to 9-5 job at 9.45 with a big smile on my face that says "Sorry boss you really really dont own me, but see? Now I am fully ready set for the day". Smashed through an unbelievable amount of work and left early before falling asleep to come home and work on my own gig.

Only problem is the damn "clock in clock out system" a constant f*ing reminder that you are a slave to the system. That stupid thing rules my existence and is now more than negative 40 hours since January.

I am either struggling to give a shit or it is stressing me out massively, to be honest both I think.

Monday is just another day on the sidewalk my friend, but at least I am fighting my a$$ off to be free of it.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Great Habits! Here is a list of my morning and night time routine:

Morning routine:

1. Wake up, drink a glass of water with 1 squeezed lemon in it
2. Make my bed
3. Shower and end the shower cold (last 30-60 seconds)
4. Kneck and back strengthening exercises
5. 10 deep breaths
6. activate the lymphatic system by doing 10 pushups and 10 squats
7. Meditate for 5 min (Headspace APP)
8. If I have time, I will read for 20-30 minutes

Nighttime Routine:

1. Floss & Brush teeth
2. Checkout fastlane forum, try to provide value with 2-3 posts
3. Prepare for the next day (to do list)
4. Nighttime journal (3 wins and 3 improvements of the day)
5. Habit tracker (This is an excel sheet which has all the positive habits I want to implement in my life, I will usually just highlight the cell green yellow or red, depending how I behaved that day in making the habit become a positive ritual)
6. Take a look at my vision board (Pictures & Descriptions of my long term goals)

Low Chi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 22, 2019
Champion: Interesting. Mind showing/sharing the habit tracker layout?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.