The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
IF ______, then ______ ....... the death of so much possibility in this world.

I just spent a week at Disney World for my anniversary and hanging out with other fastlaners.
Think Walt Disney would be changing lives every day using 'IF ____, then I will ____' thinking? Hell no.
Just get started. Do. Action. Record. Talk. Post. Help. Make. Be. Have.

Good luck @BizyDad, keep busting here. I give it a one 1/2 of 1% chance.......

So you're saying there's a chance...

I like this kind of party. This is exactly my kind of jam. You go motivate the ones that are easily motivated.

I've done virtually nothing but action fakes. I made grand claims under the influence of short-lived motivation. It still falls back to the same thing I've been saying all along:

I don't feel ready yet.

I'm sure this disappoints everyone, particularly you @BizyDad, but I really do think I need to do this on my own time. I'm in the gym religiously and I know the metric I want to surpass before I qualify myself as ready. I'm getting there slow. I don't wish to be drawn into another 10 page justification battle as to why I won't start today.

I have no doubts that I'll achieve my ambitions as I truly put my everything into this but it's going to have to be done at my snails-pace.

You think all I got is 10 pages?

View: https://youtu.be/BM-Yf-DXhMM

You don't want to start a handyman business, fine. You don't want to start a flooring business, fine.

I have one question. Have you raised your personal training rates yet?

Holy s*** look at that The market is talking to you...

Is evolt scan accurate or useful? How frequently should one scan that to track improvement? I do have assess to the machine in a gym.

What is your view on cardio vs HIIT vs resistance for fat loss particularly vis fat loss?

For someone who does not cook what are the ready to buy cook food that you suggest? 7-11 cooked chicken breast, subway roasted chicken breast (450 cal),stuffed chicken kebab (450 cal), poke salmon bowl (320 cal) are some of my menu food as they don’t taste horrible and quite easy to track the calories.

Can you answer questions like these, package them in a PDF, and use @Lex DeVille thread as inspiration?

I'm not like these other guys @JLE I'm not here to tell you you're wrong.

But I know this to be true. You already decided you're currently path isn't good enough.

So why are you stuck on it? Probably because it's the only way you've been able to connect the dots A to B to C to D to get to your goal. You think you need to see the whole path, and you think you need to be able to execute the whole path right now, in order to take the first step.

But if you've already decided your current path isn't good enough, then that thought's going to stay in your brain. It's going to eat away at you now.

So really, our conversation isn't about whether you're wrong. It isn't about whether you're ready.

It's only really about deciding what is the next ABCD path that we can get you to believe in.

Did you raise your training rates yet?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You can become a great bodybuilder and build followers online.

Or you can become a great bodybuilder and build clients from today.

I don’t get why you want to do the first and not the second.

In terms of the pursuit of greatness, I totally get that. I play guitar and compose, and I’ve had the same stance for years - I wanted to become better and was willing to do so at the expense of building some crazy business. And willing to bite the bullet and be broke while I figure it out.

Which I was. For years. And it sucked.

I am not going to work on a business full time everyday hoping in a few years it works out.

I am going to work on my playing and studying every day to improve.

So now I’m building a coaching business (of sorts). It’s going pretty good so far, check my INSIDERS progress thread. I figured out how to build a business part time that utilises my knowledge in a leveraged way so I can still work on my playing for hours a day.

My point is, you want to train and have money.

So why are you training and posting on Instagram? Wtf.

I’m pretty good on guitar and sell a book on practising.

Do you know how many people check out my skills before they buy?

No one cares what I can do. They care that I can help them. Also the price point is low

This idea of “building a reputation” or whatever, it’s totally unnecessary for getting clients and income.

You proof is your knowledge and what I assume is above average physique.

I’ve already given you a method you can use. If you’d tried that instead of F*cking about on Instagram you’d have dollars in your pocket rather than “followers”, and be on your way to creating products.

And thinking followers = money is an assumption. Sales = money. Followers is potential money. There are a lot more people who are broke with 100k followers than there are people making money from it.

Because guess what?

Learning to be “popular online” and making a dollar are two different things.

And if you do want to chase vanity metrics… make your money and create insane production “lifestyle content” with your money. Videographer, soundtrack composer, editor, you can have a team.

Or F*ck about posting selfies on Instagram

Have you read The Great Ray Race Escape?

I truly understand your motivation for your path and what you want to achieve, because I’ve walked that path.

But you’re approaching this in a really retarded way.

You’ve set your goal and started walking away from it.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yep. And I don't think people understand that he CANNOT change. His brain won't let him. That is why it takes rock bottom or a FTE to get them to stop listening to the part of the brain that is trying to 'protect them'. He is in for the fight of his life. Literally.

Which is why I keep coming back into this thread. There are SO many people that cannot unlock their brain and get it out of their way. SO many people that could have amazing lives and produce so much value for the world. But they are locked in that mental prison.

This guy will never be saved. I was in here trying to find a way to help others. It is a debilitating disease.

FWIW, this is where you and I differ. Forgive me if I am taking your comment out of context...

As bad as this thread is, I guarantee I was worse in my early twenties. My hard headedness led to my living in a car for weeks. I was as "unsaveable" as anyone. Plenty tried to help. I'm shocked I still have friends from that time. Shoot, if it isn't obvious based on my postings, I still have a streak of stubbornness that needs improving.

But I turned things around, got married and built a life. And when much of that life collapsed (based on my own poor decisions), I turned around again and built this new life I have.

I don't believe anyone is "unsaveable". There are only those I think I can help, and those who are beyond my ability to help.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Nov 21, 2016
I was going to comment to the OP but could tell from the first page he isn't ready for help in his current state. I'll be the first to admit this list isn't perfect but I would say 3 telltale signs are:

1. Asking for advice or help on simple tasks -- almost all of the time, to me this proves they haven't tried to do anything themselves or they want others to do their work for them.

2. Moving the goalpost -- if someone is given advice and they repeatedly move the goalpost, they are more interested in maintaining a self-defense mechanism that protects them from failing than they are of taking risks and learning.

3. Action faking -- I think we've all action faked at some point, but repeated action faking (especially when being called out on it) is very telling of the work they are willing to do for what they claim to "want". After 17 pages, the OP's big step was making business cards which could be done in less than an hour? Clearly, he is more content reaching his dreams in his sleep than working for them in the real world.

I'm sure others could add to this list (again, it's by no means perfect) but I do think the above 3 are highly correlated with someone who is not ready for actionable advice.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Am feeling lovey today, so here is some more for you @JLE (and all those coming behind)

Make 100 offers:
Offer your services to 100 people in the next 5 days. See what they say.
You will have to refine your pitch and look for the 'echo' that MJ talks about.
'But i don't know what to offer!?!?' .... yes you do.
Offer a single workout with you for a cup of coffee and some feedback if you have no other ideas.

Elena Cardone idea:
In her book Empire, she talks about sitting down and sketching out the perfect guy for her. In EXTREME detail. Height, weight, eye color, what he did, what he said, how he carried himself, etc., etc.
Then she did the smart thing (and hopefully what you will do) .........
She asked herself what THAT guy would want. Then she could become those things to attract the dude she wanted.

Who is your perfect customer?
What do they want?

Offer that to 100 people in the next 5 days.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Go to the gym and start talking to people who look like they need help.

Give them advice without being rude. Don't try to sell them anything. Then at the end of the conversation just mention you do personal training and tell them to give you a call if they ever need any help and hand them a business card.

Personal trainers can be extremely successful off of referrals alone. Start talking to people.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Bro you were told the secret:
Get 1 client. Start. Now.
Then you ignored it.
Okay but beyond that, what's an effective way to market myself and acquire a bunch of clients?
Then told a second time.
how many offers will you make today?
report back the results
go GET a client!

And then I realised that this thread is TWO YEARS OLD. Did you even try to get a client? Did you do the "buy me a coffee and give me feedback" thing? It's never too late to take action.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What is the ONE BIG THING that if you did it today, you would be at your goal?
Ok, with that written on the wall in sharpie, what is the FIRST step to do that one big thing?
Go do that. Right now.

Break it down to super simple. Do that one small simple thing.

Get started. Now.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Hey @JLE - kudos for you for coming back here after 2 years and having the courage to ask for help again.

I see you have your 1st client now and probably your 2nd with @Spenny.

People here are really trying to help you and a lot of it has fallen on deaf ears.

You remind me a little bit of me, and I'm going to try and help you. Around 13 years ago I was trying to start my first business, and I spent 18 months trying to find and perfect ideas, figuring out what to do etc. - a bit like what you have been asking here. (Yeah I got business cards printed before I'd secured any business too :humph:).

Eventually I made it work and now I've built 4 businesses and 2 of them have done pretty well (enough for me not to worry about money again for quite some time, and I choose to live an expensive lifestyle based in the middle of an expensive city).

1-2 clients is progress. Well done.

Now the MOST important thing you can do.... BAR NONE - as has been said here - is go and get ONE paying client. EVERYTHING that doesn't DIRECTLY lead to this is action faking - instagram, e-book, business cards - all of it.

How do you get ONE paying client? You've made a good start - you're going to train @ZCP in exchange for an honest testimonial after 90 days.

I would tweak that slightly - agree on 2/3/4 training sessions and then ask for an honest testimonial. If ZCP likes it you can discuss moving onto a paid plan that's still a good deal for them or continue with the 90 days gratis, and then get a second testimonial after then. If they didn't like the sessions, well then you'll learn some things that you can use to improve your offer. The point is, you don't need to wait 90 days to get a testimonial. Testimonials will really help you grow your client base.

At the SAME TIME as this is going on go and TALK to a bunch of prospects e.g. text / DM your friends and say "Hey I've qualified as a Personal Trainer and am getting my training business off the ground, so I'm offering an insane deal - 4 introductory PT sessions for just $50 (*or sub in whatever numbers you think are a bit of a steal for you), and I'm highly motivated to make this work so I'm going to giving them my best attention - if you know anyone interested then let me know! Ps I am only offering this to the first 4 ppl to get started".

Once you have a few like this and have polished your training a bit, you can move on to selling $200/month plans or whatever else makes sense (e.g. next couple of clients at $100 for 4 sessions) to build up to that.

Now I know you are asking how to SCALE. But today you have 0 paying clients. What happens if you scale 0? What is 0 times anything?

the point I'm making here is this - and I WISH someone experienced had SHAKEN this into me when I was wasting 18 months. Getting 1-2 clients will help you get going, and start improving everything so that you can get to 10 clients. Your first 10 clients should all really be coming from word of mouth and relationships you are building.

What you'll learn with those first 1-2 paying clients will help you become a good trainer to 10 clients. What you learn in being a good trainer to those 10 clients will help you understand what niches and expertise you can hone in on to become an excellent trainer to 20 clients. Point is you cant get to 10-20 without first going from 0-1. So only focus on 0-1, then 2 etc.

Now of course at that stage it's still a time for money thing and I see you're smart enough to know that will max out on scale. But the hard truth is that if you want to create an info product or build a social media following or create some sort of tech (like an app to train ppl remotely) then you need 1) the learning that comes from getting ANY business off the ground and 2) the relationships and credibility that just becoming a good trainer will get you. A LOT of other good stuff will come from just getting in motion,

If you're worried about creating a well paid job and being stuck in it, isn't that a MASSIVELY better problem to have - I'm stuck in a well paid job and want to create a CENTS business from it - than the one you currently have which is (being blunt, but written with love) "I have no business or clients and I don't know how to get started".

Please forget about business cards, instagram etc. Go get the 2 folks here signed up, do a great job and get testimonials, and at the SAME TIME that's all going on go out there and go get 1/2/3 paying clients and build from there.

Good luck - hopefully you'll look back on this in a few years and nod your head that it was a rites of passage. But only if you focus on getting some clients ASAP and nothing else.

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Life's a game. Right now I'm playing terribly, at least in my financial skill.

I'm 25 years old. Born in Florida, immigrated to Ontario. Married a Canadian girl. Have an apartment in a metropolitan area. Got a small dog. No debt and no college and no car. Very much in-shape. But I work minimum wage 7 day's a week and have seemingly no marketable skills.

For those of you that are financially successful in life, how would you play my game better? What should I do to level up? My biggest issue is finances.
Just the fact of having no debt is putting you well out in front of a LOT of other people financially, so give yourself credit for that.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I'm not led to presently believe so. I'm very ambitious to get started but I don't want to personally brand myself as some inexperienced sham.
Regardless, you're ahead of SOMEBODY in this area.
  • 10-year-olds who you could inspire to be the best possible version of themselves from an early age.
  • High-school kids with low self-esteem because they're overweight or weak
  • 40+ age bracket who have been sitting at a desk for 20 years and don't have any fitness to speak of
  • 60+ age bracket who are facing fears of falling and losing mobility and not having a body that permits them to do the things they love.
  • ETC etc etc.
Think about who you can help rather than focusing on all the shortcomings that keep you from being "the best of the best."

Help that person.

Get paid.

Repeat.

Tweak and pivot based on what's working and what needs you see.

That's all you have to do.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Realistically I just want a better living. Time-freedom would be nice too. But mostly the better living.
I never went to college and now have a wife and a full-time job. ..... However, I‘m left in a minimum wage job at the moment due to it. Can’t afford much. Just scrape by.
You have a wife and you are this selfish?
You have the means to make her life better and choose to lay around in 'just scrape by'.

She's the one we need to talk to. Maybe we can save her from this.
She deserves better.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1698789222679.png

If only someone on this forum had cracked the code of finding people who are searching for online solutions.

If only there were competitors to model yourself on and gauge market interest.

Looks like you could just get a job here and nearly EVERYTHING IS DONE FOR YOU!!!!

I'm fearful

Literally your whole issue summed up in 2 words. Get over it.

You are stuck with problems that Google searches and/or 5 Andy Black responses could help you solve.

You are where you are because of CHOICE. You can't even say you don't know how, because I've seen some of the threads you've been on. You do know.

You are afraid to really try.

Make a trillion dollars Bizy.

Make a trillion dollars.

I've told you to make a trillion dollars and you haven't done it.

Was that helpful?

Yes. It is an excellent example of your mindset.

For the record, no one has ever made a trillion dollars.

But normal people get clients every day. Every single day trainers get hired.

You equated perfectly reasonable advice with something that has never been done in human history.

In your mind, the possible is impossible.

Faced with choice, you choose fear. You justify it with weak examples.

And then complain that no one is handing you a roadmap that feels comfortable.

Grow up. Man up.

The principles to building your body and building a business are similar enough.

Show up.

Do the work.

Don't cry about how hard it is, because you know it takes discipline that few people possess.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
@JLE I tried but I can't help you. Best of luck ...

405 replies/chats on this thread. The forum is obsessed about trying to help. Something to celebrate IMO. Kudos to all who took minutes/hours away from family, business, personal enjoyment, sports, entertainment etc and gifted it to @JLE.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I really do think I'm at my FTE.

I need to do something now.

It's taken hitting what I perceive to be rock bottom to be at this point.

--------------------

I am working as a Security guard for minimum wage, likely going to lose my job soon due to a change in contract, have to relocate into shittier housing soon (which doesn't bother me much but does bother my wife), am in debt for a diploma I care nothing about and may actually be worthless to continue pursuing considering the job market (and if I withdraw from the diploma I just got myself in $4200 worth of debt for nothing and have to divulge that to my wife who already isn't happy with my financial choices), can't afford vacations, don't have the money to afford a car, can't afford a honeymoon despite having been married for 3 years now...

So yeah... pretty well in-shit at the moment.

I don't want to be in debt. I want to continue to afford my bodybuilding goals. I want to be able to have savings, not downgrade in apartment, have a car, go on an actual honeymoon...

I'm panicking as this is all hitting me at once. I don't want to disappoint my wife more than I already have. I want to be successful. Again, yeah, I'm trying...

------------------

I don't know what route I should take.

Whether it's to monetize my bodybuilding efforts as displayed above considering I already have reasonable (not great) progress in that beyond most people, and try to market myself as a personal trainer or online coach... Or to start trying to do tradeswork as I have some previous experience in that and I could do something like flooring installation -- only problem there is I don't have a car.

I don't know what to do here really. But I'm trying to be as open and vulnerable as possible. Admitting to my faults. Showing you all who I really am and what I'm going through. Maybe this is better suited for a diary but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I'm lost. Not sure what route to take. I just know I need to do something. I'm low on time. High on stress. I just want to be successful -- for myself and for my wife's peace of mind and happiness...

Last edited by a moderator:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
It would have been easy to let MJ reply to this and say yes or no, instead everyone jumped on him giving him a hard time after he had just taken a positive step.

Would have been better to let JLE get on with it rather than giving him shit.
He still hasn't hit rock bottom. So, no, he needed his a$$ kicked. In DM's he kept asking me to be real and yell at him like a drill sergeant.

It's exactly like the heroin addict like @MJ DeMarco is saying. His brain sees a threat and will burn the earth to 'protect him'.

This thread is far from lost and the time I invested helped ME greatly. Helped me hone the message. I have like 15 videos to put together for my YT channel that will come directly from this attempt to help someone. @BizyDad and I will have a few drinks together one day and chuckle about this thread and wonder whatever happened to this poor dude's wife and if she managed to escape and find a better life. This is 2023 version of Eric's Cheesecakes.

He'll either turn it around, or he won't. And that is ok. We can't save everyone. And that is ok.

The ones we do save will be on the beach with their wife enjoying the sun as money flows into their bank account while they hang out at the pool. They will come back and help others make the journey.

I'll take a break for a few days ..... then be back for more fun. Any other trainwreck threads I need to get into?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The only way to get @LightHouse to answer a question is to not ask that question. My bad. He's told us a few times how that was really THE book that got him going at the point he was at in his life. I'm sending @JLE that book, so wanted to get a testimonial from @LightHouse ..... who is an amazing real world version of Lisa Simpson and will answer the question not asked. :) Love you, Chris!!

He isn't going to read it. An average person generally will never finish it.

People resist change to their core beliefs. Handing an average person that book is like handing a 'bible' from a different religion than one's own and expecting it to create change. It won't, those beliefs are walled to the sky.

I highly value my time, this thread is not the place for it. I could (maybe should) write an independant thread on it, when the time becomes available.

Everyone here going in circles on this fella, has now wasted copious amounts of time that can't be recovered. One of the great skills, that I saw MJ had posted pages prior to my response that I didn't see, is the ability to know when the help is actually warranted.

Otherwise it's wasted and a tick box to not recurring in the future. That future opportunity may be the right person that's actually willing and ready.

This guy doesnt need to hear anything from any of you and you are kidding yourself if you think you have the right words, you don't. He needs lots and lots of therapy, that he will likely think he is above for the next 20 years.

See em come, see em go. No Thanks.

@ZCP Your mission is commendable, but stop dying on the wrong hill. Imagine all that energy wasted, utilized on your own bix, or on the right person. Far more focused power to create lasting change.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
I will have built up my reputation and physique as a bodybuilder, likely competed in a show or two (hopefully winning), and I'll have a great deal more people asking for my help without me even offering it.
To me, it sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Just go help people get fit and get paid for it lol.

Let's say I'm in the market for a trainer. I'm not looking to hire someone who is the absolute best bodybuilder ever. And I honestly don't give a damn about how many competitions you won.

I want a trainer because they will help me get in shape, create and stick to a diet plan that works for me, knows more than me about fitness, can help me achieve my goals, etc. Stop thinking about yourself and your insecurities and start thinking about your customer and their problems.

Sure, winning that stuff helps you skew value and might help you win extra clients or charge more. But you can start right now without all that. As Andy says, just go help people.

As long as you know more than the person you're helping, you're good. And, based on your post, you probably know a lot more than the average person. You could help a lot of people with the knowledge you currently have right now.

Remember, even the world's #1 bodybuilder Hadi Choopan has a coach. The value isn't in your coach/trainer being the best themselves, but in how much they can help you (the customer) achieve your goals.

Hadi's coach, for example, has never won a professional bodybuilding title himself but has trained bodybuilders who have won 22 Olympian titles in total. He didn't have to win the title to become a legendary coach, so why would you?

Just go help people achieve their goals and adjust your approach as you learn more. It really is that simple.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Tell me this wont work if I'm coming from the mindset of doing it for the remainder of my life:
1. I get to the point where I'm damn near incredible and it's very obvious I have a clue
2. I post content every single day proving I have a damn clue and that I've accomplished some admirable things
3. People see that content, progressively in larger and larger quantities over time
4. I never quit. By never, I mean never. This goes on until I croak and rest my eyes in life for good
5. When a large amount of people see that I'm giving value, repeatedly, and I've proven myself very obviously...

...I'm going to have the opportunity to make an income in an infinite amount of ways. I'll be seen as an authority.

Yes this is a long route. But guess what? I'm just hardheaded and annoying enough to pull it off.

In short: become an influencer -> get money. Right? That's your goal, that's what keeps you on The Fastlane Forum?

Ironically, your pursuits at this passion are going to fall short because you ignored the entrepreneurial call to be bigger than yourself.

You have a full time job as a security guard making low wages while you also have a family.

How are you going to break into the incredibly saturated fitness influencer industry against people who can spend 10 hours a day, 7 days a week making content?

And if you do get there in some way or another, what do these "infinite amount of ways" to make money really look like? Once a month, someone offers you $500 to make a sponsored post? Once a year, someone offers you the ability to travel to them for a photoshoot? I don't know, that's why I'm asking you. What do you envision this to be? Is it just going to be whatever the universe throws at you, on other people's terms?

Like, if you want that life, go do it, go live it. But it sounds like you're trapping yourself on a rat wheel that is going to have to spin faster and faster, which is the complete opposite of fastlane ideology. Do you want to have to make fitness and influencer content for the rest of your life? What if you get injured? What if you get into a car accident and have to put everything on hold for 6 months or a year?

The selfish, intrinsic goals of "becoming a greater bodybuilder" and getting "10k followers on the 'Gram'" is doing nothing to help the actual people who seek out personal trainers. You have made $0 from all of this so far and you will make $0 from all of it in another 5 years.

I do wish you all the best though, hope you get at least 50k followers on Instagram though and can live out your dream of being a content creator.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Are you deliberately being obtuse?
He’d need to be a millionaire living life in the fastlane in order to write a book on becoming a millionaire and living life in the fastlane…
I get your reference. Did you get mine?

You don't need to wait 2 years to start. You don't need to wait for ____ to do ______.
Your version of MJ would be for him to sit at home and do nothing until having 100k followers. To get a 2 year degree before building his first website. To drag it out and for as long as possible because he didn't want to work / put himself out there. He just wanted to do it his way.

You are not writing a book about fastlane. You are coding. You don't have to be the top coder in the world to START coding. You are wanting to be an online trainer. You don't need to be the greatest online trainer in the world before you TRAIN one client. Wake up.

Not trying to get you off of your path. I'm with @BizyDad, i completely respect the hardheaded stubbornness. I'm trying to redirect it so i can see you succeed in my kids' lifetime....... to get you out of your own way and get you STARTED!

See, if i use your analogy for a second ...... you are listening to yourself, who has never done anything, about how to do something. Find someone that has done something, and try their advice. As in, get started.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thread...

1698762903330.png

You all have far more patience than I. I don't try to help those who are beyond help.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I really do think I'm at my FTE.

I need to do something now.

It's taken hitting what I perceive to be rock bottom to be at this point.

Are you willing to call it with bodybuilding for the sake of becoming an entrepreneur? If not, you aren't at your bottom yet.

I am sad to see your pain. And don't misunderstand my message, I am not saying giving up and never hitting the gym again. I am saying that whatever action you take, it better show results. If you want to make money with bodybuilding, there is more than one way. And it is NOT the best bodybuilder that make the money money! It's the entrepreneur bodybuilder that makes the most money.

This is my instagram for anyone curious:

I know nothing about bodybuilding, but you seem to have the body now that if I walked into a gym or browsed online for a personal trainer, you'd be my #1 pick 9/10 times. And I'd pay you a 50% premium over the next person just because you seem to know what you are doing based on how you've build your body.

If you can't make 3x your current income in personal training... you are doing something wrong and this forum should be able to help with that.

--------------------

I am working as a Security guard for minimum wage, likely going to lose my job soon due to a change in contract, have to relocate into shittier housing soon (which doesn't bother me much but does bother my wife), am in debt for a diploma I care nothing about and may actually be worthless to continue pursuing considering the job market (and if I withdraw from the diploma I just got myself in $4200 worth of debt for nothing and have to divulge that to my wife who already isn't happy with my financial choices), can't afford vacations, don't have the money to afford a car, can't afford a honeymoon despite having been married for 3 years now...

So yeah... pretty well in-shit at the moment.

I don't want to be in debt. I want to continue to afford my bodybuilding goals. I want to be able to have savings, not downgrade in apartment, have a car, go on an actual honeymoon...

I'm panicking as this is all hitting me at once. I don't want to disappoint my wife more than I already have. I want to be successful. Again, yeah, I'm trying...

Frankly, this is the very first time EVER, I've seen you open up and become vulnerable. So I hope you see that "I'm trying..." to you may be 3 years in the making, to me it's less than 24 hours.

#1 - come clean to your wife, devise a plan with her and let her hold you accountable.
#2 - you don't need to lose your job, even if contracts change, there is always a way to keep the job, get a new job, or even get promoted just because you saw an opportunity where others didn't see it.
#3 - lean into your "unfair advantage" - and it is something to do with gym/body-building. Only once you clear your financial hurdles and own a vehicle, have savings and a happy wife... then proceed to the next step of your dreams. You've got to take care of the basics.

Read more of my take on this here: IDEA - SCALING - SUCCESS! - Antifragile's take: The secret to scaling up.

------------------

I don't know what route I should take.

Whether it's to monetize my bodybuilding efforts as displayed above considering I already have reasonable (not great) progress in that beyond most people, and try to market myself as a personal trainer or online coach... Or to start trying to do tradeswork as I have some previous experience in that and I could do something like flooring installation -- only problem there is I don't have a car.

Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to cover your bills and get out of that stupid debt.

I don't know what to do here really. But I'm trying to be as open and vulnerable as possible. Admitting to my faults. Showing you all who I really am and what I'm going through. Maybe this is better suited for a diary but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I'm lost. Not sure what route to take. I just know I need to do something. I'm low on time. High on stress. I just want to be successful -- for myself and for my wife's peace of mind and happiness...

As I said in my last post, you've had people on this forum gift you their time (most valuable thing in the world to any human) and are still willing to continue gifting you time.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You have support network the likes of which most would envy. You will get to the other side of this stress and you'll enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
. I already know how to code a website and could make one for free.
- Install WordPress in 1 min.
- Install a template that has online trainer vibe - 30 mins( finding and installing)
- Change images and content on homepage, which will be your landing page, using elementor drag and drop plugin (50mins)
- add lead form using a plugin that gets you email id of subscriber (20mins)
- add digital course plugin to create coaching packages to sell (30mins)
- get simple payment gateway and attach it with the packages

Boom, in few hours your website, or i would say, sales funnel is ready.

Can I expect it to be done today?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Lol.

So taking action is
1. quitting
2. proving to your wife you are a quitter
3. looking into some business cards

Then you would like to spit in the face of everyone who took the time to help you by deleting the thread. You actually think this thread is still about you.....

For those coming behind, don't be this guy.Take the plan from people that have done it before and execute the plan. And succeed.

My work is done. Someone will be helped / saved / kickstarted at some point in the future with this thread. If you are, tag me.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Only 24 hours later .::. And JLE gone?

That’s too bad. I wish people didn’t announce quitting the forum. Or requested their account to be deleted. When I don’t want to talk to forum people, I don’t talk to forum peoples. It’s not about the account being there or not… same with threads. It’s like trying to wipe history. It’s still there. If anything, maybe a good reminder of a “starting point”.

Wishing JLE all the best. Hope to see you one day come back and tell us “yup, I’m stubborn and I am successful now”. That would be awesome.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, this is what happens when FEAR runs your life...

I don't believe anyone is "unsaveable".

I agree.

However, a heroin addict is unsaveable until the heroin is out of the equation.

In effect, this guy was "Hey, I want to succeed, but I don't want to give up my addiction."

And this morning he shot up.

The door to his mental prison was finally jarred open and what does he do?

He closes the door and blames the wind.

"Delete my account."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just think, somewhere here in my city there is a string bean guy who can't bench press 135, training people at $250/hour... and he's booked solid for six months.

Yes, how do you determine where your time and replies in threads like these should be spent.

When the simplest things are turned into rocket science, combined with a bunch of "buts" ... but this, but that.

There's an old saying, "What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

When I say that a few times, I leave.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.