The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I monetize my skills?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Trephy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am 15 from Europe and spent the last few years of my life learning programming and more specifically web development. The issue I'm facing is that the logical thing would be to continue to college and get a regular 9 to 5 which I am not against but just feels like a waste of time knowing the advantage I have.

Most freelancing platforms are either overrun by cheap developers or have a strict 18+ requirement. I tried on some smaller forums but people underpay to an amount so low it feels like slavery (2 weeks for $300).

If anyone has been in a similar situation or has any clue what the best move would be short and long term I'd love to hear it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ICreateLuck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 26, 2023
Emerald Coast, Florida
You are ahead of the game, great job. Nobody here knows exactly what you should do, but we can share our opinions based on the info you shared. My advice is, unless you urgently need the money for survival, I wouldn't worry about trying to get gigs on freelancing forums. Instead, see if you can solve someone's problems with the skills you have. Pay attention to what people complain about or what they dislike, and come up with some solutions. Maybe you can make something to solve a problem for your school, or your family.

You will probably do many different things in your life and go down many different paths, and I know it may not seem like it now, but you have so much time to experiment with what you can do with your skills. Keep learning, make things that solve problems, and by the time you are old enough for the freelancing forums, hopefully you won't need them anymore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.