The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I know whether it's time for a change of my perspective?

Anything related to matters of the mind

VincentVega24

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 26, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Hey,

hopefully this is the right board for this kind of topic.

So, I'm currently licensing my music online, not making too much of a profit from it, my regular monthly income from that hustle is in the range of 1.5k$. It's enough to pay the rent and live, I don't want to sound ungrateful my goals are just way above that type of income.
I know this thing is scalable, there are people making six figures yearly from what I'm doing but lately I had the feeling that I might not be able to increase my product quality any further which is crucial when it comes to licensing music (or anything else) (Who'd lease a bad instrumental) and sometimes can't be made up by hard work alone, since making music is a creative process.

Since I been grinding my a$$ off with this for the past 4 years, I think it might be the time to change the perspective and find a new market (not music), maybe try to sell something else like E-Commerce or my marketing or web design skills, overall just something I can pour all my energy into without having to worry about musical talent etc., something I can improve my skillset in by (almost) hard work alone and make music on the side to have it being fun again like it was when I just started out.

I'd love to hear some different opinions on this since my thoughts been wrapped around this topic for the past few months now.

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
There's a short book by Seth Godin called "The dip". It's about when to quit and when to stick (whether it be a business, a job, a hobby or whatever).

The basic concept is to identify the curve of progress you're on. It's either:
a) the dip: a raising curve that has a dip in the middle between initial accomplishments that fire you up and the real success you're after
b) the cul de sac: a dead end, where after some initial success you reach a plateau (but keep on going because of the sunk cost fallacy)

- if there's no clear way you could succeed by doing what you do now, then it's a dead-end - quit immediately
- if it's hard now but there's a good chance of success, then it's the dip - either quit now (cut the losses) or decide you're not going to quit until you succeed
- in general, expect to find yourself in the dip sooner or later with any project, and if you think you won't make it through the dip, don't start at all

Here's a good video summary:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj3q8vqjU4

VincentVega24

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 26, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
There's a short book by Seth Godin called "The dip". It's about when to quit and when to stick (whether it be a business, a job, a hobby or whatever).

The basic concept is to identify the curve of progress you're on. It's either:
a) the dip: a raising curve that has a dip in the middle between initial accomplishments that fire you up and the real success you're after
b) the cul de sac: a dead end, where after some initial success you reach a plateau (but keep on going because of the sunk cost fallacy)

- if there's no clear way you could succeed by doing what you do now, then it's a dead-end - quit immediately
- if it's hard now but there's a good chance of success, then it's the dip - either quit now (cut the losses) or decide you're not going to quit until you succeed
- in general, expect to find yourself in the dip sooner or later with any project, and if you think you won't make it through the dip, don't start at all

Here's a good video summary:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj3q8vqjU4
Hey man,

thank you for your opinion, this is actually exactly what I been looking for! I bet this is gonna help me a lot, thanks a lot for your help!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.