The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How do I get a product assembled? (Not manufactured)

Richard Gao

Contributor
Mar 24, 2018
Canada
I am trying to create a product, but the materials I source are from many sources, it will all have to eventually trickle down into one factory where the product will be assembled.

Does anybody here know any assembly companies that will assemble products with the materials your provide them?

I am still a beginner to this stuff, so any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I am assuming you want the parts assembled in Canada. The only assembly service I know in Canada is PROMPT Assembly and Packaing They have tremendous capability, including packaging.

If you need other things done during or after assembly, such as attaching labels, engraving, or printing your logo on the product, I don't know of any such service in Canada.

In my labeling book I list two labeling companies, one in Illinois and the other in Pennsylvania, who can label, print, etc, as well as assemble and package.

The only way you can get that done in the one place is to have all components delivered to either of those companies, have them do the work, and ship back to you.

Don't be alarmed at the prospect of paying duty and VAT twice. That is not necessary. There are provisions in Customs regulations for exemptions or refunds on goods that are to be re-exported.

EDIT. The spelling error in the link was from the copy and paste but the link works.
Walter

OP
OP
Richard Gao

Richard Gao

Contributor
Mar 24, 2018
Canada
I am assuming you want the parts assembled in Canada. The only assembly service I know in Canada is PROMPT Assembly and Packaing They have tremendous capability, including packaging.

If you need other things done during or after assembly, such as attaching labels, engraving, or printing your logo on the product, I don't know of any such service in Canada.

In my labeling book I list two labeling companies, one in Illinois and the other in Pennsylvania, who can label, print, etc, as well as assemble and package.

The only way you can get that done in the one place is to have all components delivered to either of those companies, have them do the work, and ship back to you.

Don't be alarmed at the prospect of paying duty and VAT twice. That is not necessary. There are provisions in Customs regulations for exemptions or refunds on goods that are to be re-exported.

EDIT. The spelling error in the link was from the copy and paste but the link works.
Walter

Thanks you, very informative and detailed post!

Just a question though, would manufacturing companies typically offer product assembly as well, or do I need to have every material manufacturer for my product ship to one company that only specializes in product "assembly"?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
how many do you need to assemble? any special tools needed? volume? frequency? size? built to order or into inventory and then ship?

consider doing them yourself at first. learn your product and all the issues. then hire and assemble w/ procedures or farm out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom