• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

How do I get a product assembled? (Not manufactured)

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Richard Gao, May 27, 2018.

1. Richard Gao

Richard Gao Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $107
    I am trying to create a product, but the materials I source are from many sources, it will all have to eventually trickle down into one factory where the product will be assembled.

Does anybody here know any assembly companies that will assemble products with the materials your provide them?

I am still a beginner to this stuff, so any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Merging Left

Merging Left Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,270
    Walter Hay likes this.
  3. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,577
    I am assuming you want the parts assembled in Canada. The only assembly service I know in Canada is PROMPT Assembly and Packaing They have tremendous capability, including packaging.

If you need other things done during or after assembly, such as attaching labels, engraving, or printing your logo on the product, I don't know of any such service in Canada.

In my labeling book I list two labeling companies, one in Illinois and the other in Pennsylvania, who can label, print, etc, as well as assemble and package.

The only way you can get that done in the one place is to have all components delivered to either of those companies, have them do the work, and ship back to you.

Don't be alarmed at the prospect of paying duty and VAT twice. That is not necessary. There are provisions in Customs regulations for exemptions or refunds on goods that are to be re-exported.

EDIT. The spelling error in the link was from the copy and paste but the link works.
    Walter

The_Saphir likes this.
  4. Richard Gao

Richard Gao Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $107

Thanks you, very informative and detailed post!

Just a question though, would manufacturing companies typically offer product assembly as well, or do I need to have every material manufacturer for my product ship to one company that only specializes in product "assembly"?

5. ZCP

ZCP Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,360
    how many do you need to assemble? any special tools needed? volume? frequency? size? built to order or into inventory and then ship?

consider doing them yourself at first. learn your product and all the issues. then hire and assemble w/ procedures or farm out.

Richard Gao likes this.