The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I find a business I can start?

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
I have been researching and learning about starting a business for about the last 3 months but I still find myself doing just that. I spend way too much time online trying to research about new business ideas or I might spend time practicing some but never actually making any official investments into the business. So far, I run a self improvement youtube channel (which hasn't seen any results yet), I practice trading on a demo account, and I have had some experience of running some social media accounts. Does anyone have any advice on how to find a business for me to dedicate myself to? I have a small amount of capital I can use as startup and I have so much freetime I could dedicate to this. (I just wanna make clear that I am not asking for business suggestions or business ideas, but ways for me to find one myself and then begin it).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I have been researching and learning about starting a business for about the last 3 months but I still find myself doing just that. I spend way too much time online trying to research about new business ideas or I might spend time practicing some but never actually making any official investments into the business. So far, I run a self improvement youtube channel (which hasn't seen any results yet), I practice trading on a demo account, and I have had some experience of running some social media accounts. Does anyone have any advice on how to find a business for me to dedicate myself to? I have a small amount of capital I can use as startup and I have so much freetime I could dedicate to this. (I just wanna make clear that I am not asking for business suggestions or business ideas, but ways for me to find one myself and then begin it).
Stop doing things that provide no value and start investing some money into business.

Forget your youtube channel, throw your trading account away and think of a service you can provide locally or of a product you can sell online.

I was in your position last year and this February I started actually doing something.
Now I am on track to making my first 1k month at age 18.

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
Stop doing things that provide no value and start investing some money into business.

Forget your youtube channel, throw your trading account away and think of a service you can provide locally or of a product you can sell online.

I was in your position last year and this February I started actually doing something.
Now I am on track to making my first 1k month at age 18.
Wouldn't the youtube channel be a good form of bringing in clients/customers to the service though?

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Wouldn't the youtube channel be a good form of bringing in clients/customers to the service though?
you dont have a service. fix your product and then your marketing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TimoS.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 10, 2022
You don't need ideas. You need problems to fix.

Engage with people in real life and in forums like this one and find out what problems they have. Then think of ways to solve these problems

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
No because nobody will watch your self improvement channel.

From the question you post here I can already tell that you have nothing valuable or entertaining to say. Im on your side when I am telling you to stop doing youtube and start building a business.
If youtube really was what you wanted to do then go ahead and spent your 10k hours getting good enough at it that you earn the kind of money you could with 6 months of ecom or b2b service. However I feel like you just want to make money. Thats not a bad thing but youtube is, despite what hamza is telling you, not the way to go.

Read through the forum and find some real businesses to run. If you instead want to earn some money on the side for now, there are countless threads on hustles you can do to start making money in at most a week.

Check this thread out. If you just follow the steps from there you will be making decent money in a few days.

Otherwise you can look at some of the GOLD progress threads for inspiration for real big businesses to start and scale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.