Hey Fastlaners.
Been on and off with this forum for a few years now, but it's been 6 months since I've moved cross-country and started my new job.
A bit about my background:
I'm 27 years old and I work as a tour coach driver across Europe. Being young, I had some different phases of what I want to do with my life, but nothing fulfills me more than my work. The money is above average for where I'm from (Croatia), the job is dynamic and I have enough time for my own life.
There's quite a lot of downtime when I'm at work and I'd like to put it to good use. The coach industry has a lot of problems, not just in Europe but worldwide. As travel is a luxury, and not a necessity, it is also the first one that will go down the drain once shit hits the fan. However, I believe there is still quite a few good years ahead, and why not use them for the best?
The three main goals for my project would be:
1 - To get more young drivers into the industry. If you look at the UK statistics - the average driver is 52 years old. Most drivers are on the road well into their age of retirement. As a young driver, I believe much can be done (especially on social media) to show young people what an exciting life it is.
2 - To make drivers comfortable and knowledgeable wherever they drive. From London, to Warsaw, to Rome. A coach driver has to know his parking lots and pickup/dropoff points. And that's just the part of it. There are several platforms (apps, facebook groups) that do this, but only partly. Once again - there is so much left to discover.
3 - Last, but definitely not least. I can't count the amount of drivers who passed away since I started doing this job 5 years ago. Mostly in their 50s and 60s. All from heart attacks and similar. Also, all of them had plans to retire soon and unfortunately, they never got to it. I swore to myself I will not be a part of this statistic. I want to help drivers stay healthy. Easier said than done.
I've been in the industry for 8 years, and driving for 6. So, the experience is there. I also know how my colleagues think. You need to come to them with respect and it's always good to share something about yourself or your current tour. People see when you don't know what you're talking about.
One thing I absolutely love about this job is how you can just rock by anybody's coach and tell them "let's go have a coffee/lunch". I've done this with absolute strangers and it always works. Could it help in sales? Probably.
So, what am I doing this post for? Well, I have a few worries about thing that don't have anything to do with my line of work:
1 - Where to start from? All of this seems ideal for a facebook group. But is there a more exclusive platform where it can be much more easier to navigate? I was thinking about a monthly subscription (in the range of 10€) but also a lot of free value. There are LOADS of different aspects to this line of work, some you wouldn't even believe me.
2 - How to get to the older crew. Talking mostly about people in their 40s and 50s. Everybody is on social media, so it would be easy to find me. But I guess my biggest fear would to be considered a "know it all" by my colleagues across Europe.
Thinking about it, this is pretty much it for now.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to hear what you have to say
Been on and off with this forum for a few years now, but it's been 6 months since I've moved cross-country and started my new job.
A bit about my background:
I'm 27 years old and I work as a tour coach driver across Europe. Being young, I had some different phases of what I want to do with my life, but nothing fulfills me more than my work. The money is above average for where I'm from (Croatia), the job is dynamic and I have enough time for my own life.
There's quite a lot of downtime when I'm at work and I'd like to put it to good use. The coach industry has a lot of problems, not just in Europe but worldwide. As travel is a luxury, and not a necessity, it is also the first one that will go down the drain once shit hits the fan. However, I believe there is still quite a few good years ahead, and why not use them for the best?
The three main goals for my project would be:
1 - To get more young drivers into the industry. If you look at the UK statistics - the average driver is 52 years old. Most drivers are on the road well into their age of retirement. As a young driver, I believe much can be done (especially on social media) to show young people what an exciting life it is.
2 - To make drivers comfortable and knowledgeable wherever they drive. From London, to Warsaw, to Rome. A coach driver has to know his parking lots and pickup/dropoff points. And that's just the part of it. There are several platforms (apps, facebook groups) that do this, but only partly. Once again - there is so much left to discover.
3 - Last, but definitely not least. I can't count the amount of drivers who passed away since I started doing this job 5 years ago. Mostly in their 50s and 60s. All from heart attacks and similar. Also, all of them had plans to retire soon and unfortunately, they never got to it. I swore to myself I will not be a part of this statistic. I want to help drivers stay healthy. Easier said than done.
I've been in the industry for 8 years, and driving for 6. So, the experience is there. I also know how my colleagues think. You need to come to them with respect and it's always good to share something about yourself or your current tour. People see when you don't know what you're talking about.
One thing I absolutely love about this job is how you can just rock by anybody's coach and tell them "let's go have a coffee/lunch". I've done this with absolute strangers and it always works. Could it help in sales? Probably.
So, what am I doing this post for? Well, I have a few worries about thing that don't have anything to do with my line of work:
1 - Where to start from? All of this seems ideal for a facebook group. But is there a more exclusive platform where it can be much more easier to navigate? I was thinking about a monthly subscription (in the range of 10€) but also a lot of free value. There are LOADS of different aspects to this line of work, some you wouldn't even believe me.
2 - How to get to the older crew. Talking mostly about people in their 40s and 50s. Everybody is on social media, so it would be easy to find me. But I guess my biggest fear would to be considered a "know it all" by my colleagues across Europe.
Thinking about it, this is pretty much it for now.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to hear what you have to say
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
