The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I build my business with others without using people?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ToonMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 8, 2013
Hey everyone my name is Michael, I've been out of high school for a few months and it's been a year since I read the Millionaire Fastlane (it was my 17th birthday present) I love reading this forum and educating myself. I love business and learning how to use money, my other favorite books are The 48 Laws of Power and Primal Branding.

Lately I've been hating the feeling that I use people and don't care about them. I try to be upfront with people as much as possible.

But it's true that I have many goals and a clear vision of what I want, and if certain people in my life don't fit with that vision, I don't have any interest in talking to them.

How do I get people to help me build my dreams, while treating them better? I have a father who is a very successful business man. However I don't have a good relationship with him, and I feel like other than his clients, he has no friends. I don't want to become someone with poor relationships with other people, that isn't success to me.

I don't want to feel like someone who takes advantage of others, but the truth is I do need other people to help me. I've been going about getting help in a wrong way I think.

So my question is,

How have you gotten people around you to help realize your vision?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Hey everyone my name is Michael, I've been out of high school for a few months and it's been a year since I read the Millionaire Fastlane (it was my 17th birthday present) I love reading this forum and educating myself. I love business and learning how to use money, my other favorite books are The 48 Laws of Power and Primal Branding.

Lately I've been hating the feeling that I use people and don't care about them. I try to be upfront with people as much as possible.

But it's true that I have many goals and a clear vision of what I want, and if certain people in my life don't fit with that vision, I don't have any interest in talking to them.

How do I get people to help me build my dreams, while treating them better? I have a father who is a very successful business man. However I don't have a good relationship with him, and I feel like other than his clients, he has no friends. I don't want to become someone with poor relationships with other people, that isn't success to me.

I don't want to feel like someone who takes advantage of others, but the truth is I do need other people to help me. I've been going about getting help in a wrong way I think.

So my question is,

How have you gotten people around you to help realize your vision?

Just understand: Your selfish and want what you want, and they're selfish and want what they want. If you can help them get what they want, you will get what you want. Simple as that.

Last edited:

ToonMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 8, 2013
Just understand: Your selfish and want what you want, and they are selfish and want what they want. If you can help them get what they want, you will get what you want. Simple as that.

Awesome thanks Jack. I know my original post might have been vague, but your advice really helps

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
It sounds like you have found a passion, and this can take the sizzle out of stuff not in line with it. That is your life's way of changing course.

People will always be coming in and out of your life, but when you live in a way that is in line with your true self and based on principle you will always move towards your goal. There will always be things that fail to move with you in the direction you are trying to go. It is a little bitter-sweet, but that is life.

Especially at your age - things are going to be in a state of constant change from here on out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.