The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I source clothing products without a huge investment?

grindingallday44

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 8, 2020
United States
So I found a nice clothing/gear niche which I believe I can compete in. There's little competition and the main competitor has good "marketing" but average SEO and poor URL structure.

I bought an expired domain with quality backlinks and am ready to begin structuring and creating my ecommerce site... but how can I get the products to sell? I would need tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands to get all my clothing and accessories in stock.

Anyone have experience getting mid to large sized companies to dropship for them? My issue is I can't build the site and rank until I have the products, but can't spend the large amount to get the products...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

Hey,

There are a lot of resources on this in the forum already : ) i believe what you are searching is POD - Print on demand.

Best of luck!

M.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
So I found a nice clothing/gear niche which I believe I can compete in. There's little competition and the main competitor has good "marketing" but average SEO and poor URL structure.

I bought an expired domain with quality backlinks and am ready to begin structuring and creating my ecommerce site... but how can I get the products to sell? I would need tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands to get all my clothing and accessories in stock.

Anyone have experience getting mid to large sized companies to dropship for them? My issue is I can't build the site and rank until I have the products, but can't spend the large amount to get the products...

Start with the main products. Label the rest as sold out. Slowly add the other ones as you get cashflow to reinvest.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Are we providing value? Or money chasing with a clothing store, think about that...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Don't forget me if you make it big.
I want a 12-day all-expenses paid trip to the US with food and women.

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Are we providing value? Or money chasing with a clothing store, think about that...

Genuine question - what would you class as providing value in a clothing store?

I currently have an idea myself that I’d like to start in children’s clothing, the “value” I’ve added would be a different design to anything I’ve seen before and a great material... is that enough value?

Usually I associate value with service based businesses but I’m probably missing something that’s right in front of my eyes

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Design could be a value add. When people say a design is cool or cute, they are saying that they like how the shirt looks. But nothing about its feel or fit.

So next would be, feel and fit. I buy alot of shirts because they fit me well. That is value for me more than its color and design.

Also there is the material like tri-blend, cotton, wicking, bamboo, etc... is a value add to some. Me personal, I like tri-blend shirts.

Value is basically anything that would make a customer purchase your shirt. You have to pick one or more to go with. Even price could be value.

I think many people get one or two but don't go all the way. For example, I find a really cool design that I like, but it is on a cheap 100% unisex cotton shirt vs. going with a softer more fitted shirt.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I'm not an expert at clothing at all, but I'd say having quality material, something that is comfortable to wear, doesn't shrink when you throw it in the wash and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

If you are going down the children route I like the idea of maybe an anti bullying campaign for publicity, and maybe even hosting some local events with some school principals to spread awareness.

CONAN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 1, 2019
I have a question regarding dropshipping. If you're not at all sure if your "clothing line" would sell ..even one item..does it make sense to maybe make a few prototypes, do a photoshoot (to post on a web) and see if there is any interest. Then if people start ordering only then set up a more robust operation?

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Design could be a value add. When people say a design is cool or cute, they are saying that they like how the shirt looks. But nothing about its feel or fit.

So next would be, feel and fit. I buy alot of shirts because they fit me well. That is value for me more than its color and design.

Also there is the material like tri-blend, cotton, wicking, bamboo, etc... is a value add to some. Me personal, I like tri-blend shirts.

Value is basically anything that would make a customer purchase your shirt. You have to pick one or more to go with. Even price could be value.

I think many people get one or two but don't go all the way. For example, I find a really cool design that I like, but it is on a cheap 100% unisex cotton shirt vs. going with a soften more fitted shirt.

Brilliant mate, thank you. Exactly the type of answer I was after! I think I knew this already but just wasn’t sure if it was actually “value”

I'm not an expert at clothing at all, but I'd say having quality material, something that is comfortable to wear, doesn't shrink when you throw it in the wash and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

If you are going down the children route I like the idea of maybe an anti bullying campaign for publicity, and maybe even hosting some local events with some school principals to spread awareness.

Thank you! It’s actually children’s accessories that I’m looking at. I’ve ordered my first 100 quantities, they still need to be printed on (can’t find any print on demand stores that do this item) however that’s for a thread of its own!

Thanks again for the reply

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.