• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How are you recapping your book material?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Flybye, May 2, 2018.

1. Flybye

Flybye Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $745
    I hate how I would sometimes start reading a book just to have real life get in the way and not allow me to finish it in the time I had expected causing me to forget certain key points. I came across an article explaining how to better remember what you read by concentrating at a specific word in each sentence and allowing your peripheral vision to read the rest of the sentence.

Do you guys find yourselves putting ears on your books, taking hand notes, taking digital notes, or maybe most of the above?

2. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,429
    I read, then listen to the audiobook.

Repeat as necessary.

Flybye likes this.
  3. Christian McGhee

Christian McGhee Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,257
    I read until I find something actionable. Then I test it in a real life situation, and journal about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDM, ehben and Flybye like this.
  4. Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $363
    Best way to remember key points in the book you read is to apply the knowledge you have learn.

Otherwise I like to make a small summary of the book once I finish it. It allows me to structure the knowledge I just get from the book and I can go back on it to refresh my memory about the book.

Also, you can also find people doing video book summary on youtube or there are mobile application that offer book summary, app like blinkist. It’s a good way to review the keys points.

Flybye likes this.
  5. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,947
    This has been a subject area that I have been exploring lately. One of my biggest issues is my inability to systematically remember concepts when applying them to everyday life.

We get flooded with information on a regular basis through books, social media, video, and our personal and professional lives.

Here is one resource I have come across that will make you an active participant in the learning process.

It is called the Cornell Note-Taking System

The Cornell Note-taking System – Learning Strategies Center

It is pretty simple in a five-step process:

1. Grab a notebook
    2. Draw a line in the middle and label the left-side "Cues" and the right-side "Notes"
    3. Write first in the notes section for all the key concepts and ideas that you want to remember.
    4. Create cues on the left side that will immediately stimulate the information from your brain.
    5. At the bottom of the page, provide a quick Summary of the section or chapter that you have read.

All the best!

Flybye likes this.
  6. Flybye

Flybye Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $745
    Thank you all. I had started to make a summary of my books, but misplaced it with the remodeling of the house. Its might be in a buried bin now in the garage, but Im glad to know keeping a summary of the books/journaling is a practice done by others.

Dunkafelics, the Cornell Note-Taking System looks very interesting, and I will certainly need to give it a try. TY!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.