The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Honest thoughts on forgiveness?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Life is pretty kick a$$ right now. However my mind plays tricks on me where I know people that left me when I was down will try to get back in with me when I’m up and resentments starts to kick in. Do I forgive them and let them go or just don’t even acknoledge their existence?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You have indirectly answered your own question. You know what you gotta do!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
You do what feels right for YOU. Life is about making YOU happy..... so, make YOU happy. And if you want to accept 1 person back in to your life, yet you don't want to accept someone else back in to your life.... that is YOUR choice. Either way, don't sweat it!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It's about what's right for you. Just don't let people take advantage of you.

When I left my really great paying job my girlfriend (now fiance) thought I was being an idiot and told me so - we thankfully were able to move past it. Once the business took off I could have been bitter about it but she really didn't know any better at the time she grew up 100% scripted and her dad was laborer so leaving an executive management job seemed insane.

That being said I don't baby her now that I have more money - she knows she's expected to contribute as much as I do.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Yes. Forgive them. It's better for your heart and mind.

As it was mentioned above, that doesn't mean you have to interact with them.

If they're still toxic anyway.

Roulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 6, 2017
Ontario
Forgive but don't forget.
Always noble to forgive. Forgetting will potentially lead you into having your trust broken once again.
Depending on what actually happened, you might be fine with interacting again, or not.

As others said, do what you feel is right for you.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Forgive - not because anyone deserves it, but because it’s a good exercise in understanding human beings for what we are.

You may also find in the process the realization that others have forgiven you when you didn’t deserve it.

By forgiving I don’t mean let anyone make demands on you that aren’t warranted. That’s guilt and social pressure. Not to be confused with forgiveness.

You’ll also be amazed at the level of creativity released by freeing up the unconscious psychic energy in your own hind brain that gets sucked up by holding things against people.

There's a great release of energy that happens at the moment you accept a person for what they are without judgement.

D

DeletedUser0287

Depends on the person to be honest.

If a person does something wrong and is authentically apologetic and sincere. Yeah I forgive.

On the other hand I have met others that will keep crossing you. I encountered this even as early as elementary school. These people should never be forgiven. These people are out to get you and take advantage.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Life is pretty kick a$$ right now. However my mind plays tricks on me where I know people that left me when I was down will try to get back in with me when I’m up and resentments starts to kick in. Do I forgive them and let them go or just don’t even acknoledge their existence?

When you start actually winning, you won’t care anymore.

You think you’ll hold a grudge but in reality you’ll look back and say “yeah, I was pretty weird. I deserved it”
You think you’ll hold a grudge but in reality you’ll look back and say “yeah, I was pretty weird. I deserved it”

Because you won’t identify with that person you used to be anymore, it will be easier for your ego to accept the fact that the “you” that’s getting treated poorly now or in the past actually deserved it. You’ll actually probably appreciate those people for motivating you.

I used to have a lot of anger in me when I was 18. And I sorta miss it. I miss being told I was delusional because it made me feel like nothing else. I would turn on some Metallica until my ears hurt and think about how good it would feel to rub everything in people’s faces.

Im not “there” but I’m on my way and people ask me for advice. My family says I’m the “business person” of the family when the same relatives used to say I was wrong for dropping out of school. I’m enjoying the fruits of my employees’ labor now and life is good.

I feel a lot of peace. I don’t hold grudges because I know the people who doubted me weren’t really against “me”. They just didn’t understand. They weren’t given vision and their lack of self esteem was just being reflected onto what they thought was possible for me as well. I can’t be mad. Too bad for them. I was lucky enough to not be like them. I have sympathy more than anything.

But people will always doubt you. As long as you’re reaching for higher, people will not have the vision you do, and that happens at every level. It never stops. Keep reaching, keep being doubted, and be comfortable with it. It says more about them than it does about you. If you know you’re a different breed, you won’t hold resentment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.