The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Home Study Courses

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Has anyone here ever tried out a home study course for real estate? If so, what do you recommend what do you not recommend? As of right now I can't make it to any rei club meeting or seminars unless it's on saturdays. I am thinking of purchasing one here real soon. Thanks for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

williell

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 14, 2009
Manage your time. If your studying, don`t go on Facebook, MSN Messenger, video games, or the internet to read fluff. To manage my time better I have sold my Xbox, cut the cable, deactivated Facebook, and uninstalled MSN Messenger. A few months ago, I would be checking my g-mail account a dozen times a day, now I just forward messages to my cellphone.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Here's a great home study course that won't cost you any money:

- Read all the old posts on this forum
- Read all the posts on BiggerPockets.com
- Read all the posts on FlippingHomes.com
- Get a copy of "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" from your local library

Once you get through all that, come back here and let us know what type of investing you're particularly interested in (single family homes, apartments, wholesaling, flipping, development, rentals, commercial, etc), and I'm sure we can give you plenty more great study materials...

Words of wisdom. :icon_super:+++speed

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Go buy a couple books on the various parts of the real estate world and when you figure out what you want to invest in come back here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've had access to some material like that in the past.

A concern I have is the timeliness of the material. The market conditions have changed a lot in the recent months, so be careful with the advice you get.

After that boring disclaimer, I too recommend you read The Millionaire Real Estate Investor. I made a book review about it here in the forum, look for it under the Book Reviews - Real Estate section.

It provides the fundamentals of what is needed to get you started --I'm assuming you want to start from scratch, correct?

O also know that a forum member, REIPro (David) has done mentorship in the past, but I can't give you any feedback about his program as I haven't done it myself.

Do you have any course in mind already?

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
It is important to manage your time well. If you are studying, don`t go on Facebook, MSN Messenger, video games, or the internet to read fluff. To manage my time better I have sold my Xbox, cut the cable, deactivated Facebook, and uninstalled MSN Messenger. A few months ago, I would be checking my g-mail account a dozen times a day, now I just forward messages to my cellphone.

I feel ya on all of those! Been trying to cut out TV and thankfully never got into gaming, but as far as the info from these forums I still need to work on keeping it organized while I decide whether to pursue e-Biz or REI.

As far as study courses, I'm waiting for MJ to chime in on this and how most are just upsell or similar to his article: Which Came First? Your Black Card or Your Book? | theFastlaneToMillions.com

Lol, when I was unemployed I was approached by one of these real estate study programs called Noveau Riche for marketing "job", unfortunately I wasted 2hrs of my time going to the "interview" to talk to 3 used-car salesmen types before I realized they left the "multi-level" part out of the job description :coco:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.