The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Home office privacy issues

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I cannot seem to find a clear answer to a few questions I have regarding opening an eCommerce store from a home office. How can you protect your privacy as far as not giving out your home address to the public when running a home based business? I am just wondering what precautions you guys have taken and also has anybody had an issue with this? Ever have a weird or pissed off customer knocking at your door? lol kind of a random concern I guess but I am just wondering how you guys get around this. Thanks everybody

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Po Box

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
UPS Private Mailbox (many delivery services wont deliver to PO Boxes) + Google Voice number

Nara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 29, 2013
Singapore
I'm from Singapore and used to get a virtual office the last time. They provide you with a business address that u can use for your business. Depending on your subscription, services vary from the basic address, right down to fax / call answering / mail forwarding for your business. It helps to run your business professionally without the exhorbitant rental charges. Good for startups/foreigners looking to establish a business presence but do not (yet) require an office/retail space. Some vo providers do let you rent their meeting rooms on need basis if u have important meetings to hold and need an office space.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Regus virtual office.
UPS box (gives you an actual street address at a UPS store vs. a PO box).

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
thank you for the replies, I just know when I file my business as an LLC that I will have to use my physical street address, will any of the public have access to that information?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
You should be able to register the LLC to a UPS Mail Box. Your address should be public for multiple reasons.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.