The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hold as cash or invest

Anything related to investing, including crypto

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
if only there were other ways to communicate visually and verbally ......

you seem to keep finding excuses / reasons / obstacles....

this will help: change 'why can't i' to 'how can i' ...... it will change your life....
I am not in Atlanta nor close, otherwise I will take you to lunch in a heartbeat!

Thanks to guys like you and Andy Black this place is so awesome. Many we are changing our lives thanks to the books, the forum and the generous advise.

Last edited:

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
I always prefer to invest my money, especially when the point is all about investing in cryptocurrency project, or in something modern.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Unfortunately, Nashville to Atlanta is not a quick drive just for lunch

I have gone further, spending on air tickets and crossing borders for shorter meetings. Many times.

For the right meeting, always worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If you had about $7 to $10k in cash, would you leave it in the bank or would you do a short term mutual fund or other investments? In the future, I would like to use it towards my business idea however I currently don't have one that I want to move forward with. (This is not my emergency fund).
Business would be a better use. Can potential deliver 100x or 1000x on your capital (excluding your sweat equity in it).

As of now valuation across assets are no longer cheap, with the exception of Chinese equities. We are entering a phase with rapid easy money boom with rapid bust triggered by Uncertainty in real economy. It is more likely that Another trigger can caused rapid sell off. If you look back ever since trump got into office. 2016 Year end we had assets sell off due to trump in office. 2017 We had massive tax cut induced rally. 2018 we have trade war that caused stock market to tumble. 2019 market was trading sideway until a year end rally as Trump reached “new agreement with China”. Then we had C0VlD-19...Now with assets prices more or less recovered whats next?

It is unlikely that in this environment you can expect to have a stable long term bull market like 2009-2014, in my opinion.

Jamshed33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 26, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I think it depends on the market rate. And the time will tell everything what should I do? Hold the money or invest. But its always better for someone to check out the xlm price prediction before investing in any project. I always follow the guidelines. Not sure what do you think guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
If you had about $7 to $10k in cash, would you leave it in the bank or would you do a short term mutual fund or other investments? In the future, I would like to use it towards my business idea however I currently don't have one that I want to move forward with. (This is not my emergency fund).
keep in the markets some amount you don't worry to lose. It should still be something though. the The biggest loss is not losing money, but not being in the market, whether that's stocks, gold, or crypto.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.