The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hola from corpus christi Texas

Jorge50505

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 18, 2013
hello all from corpus christi texas. let me introduce myself for a bit, I am a first generation born in the US 20 year old whos family is from mexico, we used to be the low of lows as farmers barely getting by back in the day, and then it happened back in the 1970s where all my uncles and my dad pooled in money and bought off a closed down dairy queen and boom the first mexican restaurant(Taqueria Jalisco) was made and was a huge hit. now its 2013 and majority of my family came up from mexico and now we have restuarants in san antonio, houston, corpus christi, lubbock and many more places in the great state of TEXAS. Yes my family became successful in the restaurant biz.

Now for my generation, talking on behalf of me and my similarly aged cousins, which is alot... have a new challenge.... getting away from the restaurant biz... why you may say? let me say yes its "good money" but its alot of work, alot of stress, alot things that keep you tied up to the restaurant if you become the owner/manager ... and for me that is not really what i am looking for in life. I have an open mind, i want to try other business's as a young entrepeneur.
I am reading the book "The millionaire fastlane ", and im willing to learn more

currently I am attending college and getting my certificate as a welder... why as a welder, well right now here in texas theres a huge oil boom going on and i can jump abroad the good pay train , save save save... then invest or do something business wise.. many things in mind what i wanna do but first gotta learn more and that is why i am here on this forum, thank you all for reading my story

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Clayton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2012
San Diego
Welcome. I used to live on North Padre Island. In fact, they turned my backyard from a beautiful golf course into a parking lot for the new water park.

I thought Corpus had kind of a weird business community. I don't know exactly what was off about it, but it wasn't like any other city I'd ever lived in. This was a couple of years ago. I guess I'd say that they just felt beaten down by the downswing from the last oil boom (or was it natural gas).

Anyway, it's great the your family has had such success. If you're close to them, it sounds like a great platform to launch any kind of business that could service them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...