The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hit a snag in with a Dropshipping Supplier - advise plse!

Clive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Mar 15, 2011
Hello,

I am honored to be part of this forum. I am in the process of starting with dropshipping and I am applying to suppliers now. One particular supplier I am very interested to work insists that any dealer must have both the residential and shipping address in the US.

I have a US registered business but not a US Bank account. I am based in Switzerland but I don't speak Germany that's why I need to work with English speaking countries first as I work on my language skills. I have made it clear to the supplier(Green Supply, Inc.) that I am not looking for credit terms because I intend to prepay before he ships but he's set.

Any advise on this - will be appreciated.

chrs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Green Supply's prices aren't very good. You'd have a tough time making a profit using them as your dropshipper.

Clive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Mar 15, 2011
Biophase - thanks for the tip. I joined this site - http://gogodropship.com/ and I am in the process of registering suppliers. Any better recommendations???:rolleyes:

About my problem above - I have sent a support query to Paypal to see if I can secure a US based Debit card.

chrs

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Clive,
Many manufacturers have a dropship program. I would point your efforts into finding a profitable niche and contacting manufacturers directly. You're going to find a better margin by going direct.

It's unfortunate that you don't have some of the qualifications. Maybe look into the benefits of having a partner in the US or maybe a PO box.
-DJ

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think your problem is that you will sell anything that you can find on a dropship site. That is not going to be successful. Find a product first, then find a dropshipper.

Clive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Mar 15, 2011
Hello,
I am actually being mentored. First I am concentrating on Ebay then later I plan on zeroing into a particular niche for my a website. Getting products and suppliers is what I am doing or supposed to be doing now but suppliers have said they can only accept to do business with me if I have a US credit card. Still the same problem above. Seems like Paypal cannot help me. See their reply below!

Ok - anyone interested in Partnering or an ecommerce Joint Venture???? (thks Deege)

How are people outside the US doing?
------------------

Dear xxxxxxx - mumm,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding using a US Debit card.

I would advise that currently, this feature is not available for our Swiss customers - currently PayPal is not able to provide the PayPal Debit MasterCard anywhere in Europe. I will make it know that this feature has been requested and inquire for you if there are any plans to roll out a similar service in Europe, at this time , this is not the case.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Richard
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2013 PayPal. All rights reserved.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I am based in Switzerland
You should look to local Swiss boutique manufacturers whose products may have appeal abroad. You are sitting on a gold mine if you look at it properly. Used swiss watches, obscure musical instruments, traditional hats and hose...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.