The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hiring Telemarketers..Does Anyone Know Where to Find?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'm wasting way too many hours trying to find a good, reasonably priced, Telemarketer aka Cold Caller. Has anyone hired a company or Freelancer for cold calling?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Less than $15 an hour for an American would be ideal.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
I got mine in Philipines.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I'm wasting way too many hours trying to find a good, reasonably priced, Telemarketer aka Cold Caller. Has anyone hired a company or Freelancer for cold calling?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Less than $15 an hour for an American would be ideal.

Thanks

At that rate maybe it could make sense training someone fresh to cold call. Easiest way to do it is leading by example. They need to see that it's not that big of a deal, just business.

And they need to learn the tricks.

Know from experience, I worked as a salesman, and cold-calling was my specialty. Usually, no one wants to do it. But I love it! And rock at it! And that optimism can easier be installed into fresh new employees.

I got mine in Philipines.

Would you mind sharing hourly rate and experiences? I heard they're very affordable, yet fluent in English.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Thanks for the replies.

Fast - I would if I could but my current work(job) location does not make that possible.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Jake have you tried oDesk yet?
Yes, I posted a job for an American Telemarketer and got a lot of foreign responses but no Americans :smx4:

I'm talking to a call center in the Philippines right now. They don't have much of an accent at all from the samples I've listened to. I have not decided which route I am going to take just yet.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Hey Jake,

I know some good workers in the Phillipines.

If you decide to go that route let me know, there is one girl in particular who worked for us for a few months and we did a voice interview with her before we hired her. You would not have known she was from Phillipines, maybe from California based on her accent.

You can hire them directly and pay using xoom, but not if you go through oDesk.

There are plusses and minuses to each route.

If you are using oDesk and posted your ad you will want to search for specific workers instead of waiting for them to respond.

When you are logged in go to the "find contractors" search.

Type in telemarketing as your key word and click Advanced.

You can narrow your results to people from North America who have good feedback and have billed out at least 1 hour or $1.

I did a quick search that returned 62 results, might be an easier way for you to find quality native speakers.

Good luck!

JW Hagarty

this search returned 62 results:

odesk.png

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Know from experience, I worked as a salesman, and cold-calling was my specialty. Usually, no one wants to do it. But I love it! And rock at it! And that optimism can easier be installed into fresh new employees.

Fast, I give you props for that. I tried a telemarketer job about 3 years ago, and it got to me so bad, that my anxiety disorder was severe and I became a full blown alcoholic! Not joking.

Kdthelegend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 5, 2011
I have experience, 3 years as a telemarketer. I used set at least four appointments a day for account execs working at Jani King Commercial Cleaning. I'm looking to make some extra money seeing as of right now I'm short on cash. I'm American too.

dave54

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 24, 2014
I have experience, 3 years as a telemarketer. I used set at least four appointments a day for account execs working at Jani King Commercial Cleaning. I'm looking to make some extra money seeing as of right now I'm short on cash. I'm American too.

Kdthelegend is one of your members...he has worked for jani-king setting up appointments...we have the same type of company and want to hire him to do the same for our company starting right away...not sure how to contact him...is it possible for you to cut and paste this message and send it to his email our email address is crystalclean430@hotmail.com so he can contact me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.