The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hiring an appointment setter?

TurboBox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 19, 2020
Sydney
Does anyone have experience with hiring someone to cold call and set appointments?

I’m terrible at cold calling so I’m looking to hire an appointment setter from the Phillipines. But with next to zero sales experience myself, I’d love to hear any advice you fast laners have :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Does anyone have experience with hiring someone to cold call and set appointments?

I’m terrible at cold calling so I’m looking to hire an appointment setter from the Phillipines. But with next to zero sales experience myself, I’d love to hear any advice you fast laners have :)
Thats just asking to get scammed.
Its the same as hiring car mechanics when you dont know anything about cars.
You need the experience in sales, the struggle, the cold calls if you ever hope to hire someone who will do this for you.
If you dont understand the job yourself, how would you know if the person you want to hire, can do it?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Free Online Appointment Scheduling Software - Calendly or something similar if you want to set up meetings on a schedule. (another one is boomerang calendar, I think that's what it's called)

you can automate most of your sales scripts if you don't like cold calling, follow @Andy Black business advice, he gives a lot of info on google advertising.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.

Let's look at this from the prospective customer's point of view.

You're a busy person, and someone cold calls you.

They give you a quick pitch in non-native English, with a foreign accept
(not knocking either of those, but, again, look at it from customer's perspective)

The person calling you has no knowledge of the product they are referencing.

They want you to make an appointment, to talk to someone else you don't know, about a product that you have no idea what it does, what it costs, or if you'd even be remotely interested.

And that call will happen in the following available slots in the salesperson's sales calendar.

--
Have you seen the movie Glenn Gary, Glen Ross?
I would have to imagine the only people who would actually accept an appointment under those terms... are people who are either bored, or not in a position to make any real decisions anyway.

I mean, if you do pure numbers game, eventually you'll get some appointments, you have to.... eventually....
But the quality of those???

Look at it this way: would YOU respond to this sales tactic if someone you didn't know, cold called you trying to set up a meeting with another person you don't know, to sell you some product that the first person doesn't know a lot about?

That's going to have to be one helluva sales script for anyone here to say yes...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.