The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm new! (^.^)/

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Hi, I am a 17 year old girl from the southern state of Al. When I first read the book Fastlane Millionaire, I fell in love instantly. I couldn't stop reading this book. Everybody kept asking me, "why the eff are you reading that book?" My response: "I want effin change!" I grew up with both a Sidewalk and Slowlane family. I am, myself, a Sidewalker. I have a part-time job that I absolutely hate (4+ hours a day, five days a week, little pay), I'm still in high school (one more year left, YES!), I have a car and pay payments and insurance, and we live in a duplex soon we'll be moving again due to not paying enough on rent.

I want change. And I want change bad! That's why I read the book and join this forum. Today, I am teaching myself how to use HTML, CSS, Java, etc. to make websites. Internet business is something that I CAN and WILL do. I've tried this approach before, but I gave up (I shouldn't have). I'm doing this again and I will stick with this. When I graduate, I am moving out to Houston, Texas. Houston, to me, is a place of freedom. The town I stay in is very small, so if anyone hears and catches a glimpse of me doing something "wrong." I'm in hot water with my family. Since Houston is so big and diverse, I won't have trouble staying out of hot water and I'll be 800 miles away from negative influences.

I hope I get more info and guidance from you guys (the people who made it.) I too will be self-employed and financially free!:D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome Twista ! Great introduction. 17 huh ? Fantastic...you can rule your world and you're in the right place with the right people to start. Keep us updated.

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
So far, I'm really loving this forum. I've join many forums in the past (ie. Far From It) and this seems to be alive and thriving. Unlike others... I'm sold! lol. Thank you, MJ!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
17 years old? I wish I thought like this at 17 and found a forum like this!

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
The town I stay in is very small, so if anyone hears and catches a glimpse of me doing something "wrong." I'm in hot water

Welcome! I think you should start where you are at. Start something. If you wait for the perfect time to start, you'll never start. Also, you shouldn't mind what the town people think of you. You are your own person. Let them do what they do, you go do your own thing. It's not a good idea to do anything "wrong" no matter what city/town you live in. The decisions you make today will shape your future. Good or bad. How did you hear about TMF book?

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Welcome! I think you should start where you are at. Start something. If you wait for the perfect time to start, you'll never start.

I've already started something. I plan on building website businesses. Right now, I'm self-teaching myself on web building and design.
How did you hear about TMF book?

I heard about this book on Robert Himler's Far From It forum. It was one of the most recommended books to read, so I had to read it. Immediately. So I did. Thank God I did so too! :) And thanks guys for the Welcomes! lol

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
I've already started something. I plan on building website businesses. Right now, I'm self-teaching myself on web building and design.

I heard about this book on Robert Himler's Far From It forum. It was one of the most recommended books to read, so I had to read it. Immediately. So I did. Thank God I did so too! :) And thanks guys for the Welcomes! lol

With all due respect, building website businesses yourself is a slowlane job in disguise. On the other hand, hiring people to build websites for your clients is fastlane. Learning code will probably help you though if this is the route you want to take.

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Well, I'm only 17 years old, have a part-time fast food job, and still in school. Hiring people to build websites is not up my alley. I'm not able to do that.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Of course you are.
You can do almost anything you decide to (as long as it is legal). You just have to want it badly enough. Hiring people is probably not the easiest way of starting in this business for you but the point is that if you want this business to be a fastlane, this is what you will have to do.

If you want example of what you can get by going out of your comfort zone, I have a very good one in my personal experience.

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
^I'm just now learning all of this stuff about business. The only experience of business I have is selling stuff on eBay(so far I've made about ~$150.) I've been reading some threads on this site about hiring people to build my site for me, learning how to copy write, marketing, and sale. The thing is, I don't know where to start. I have multiple plans I want to do, but I have no clue where to start. I joined this forum to learn from you guys, the guys who made it to Fastlane.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
welcome Twista