The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Another New Guy

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Self-explanatory title.

My Story (summary)
I got bad grades, I hated school. I know this actually is the same with a lot of people, but at the time I thought I was just a "dumbass" or a loser. I've always had an active mind, ever since I was a kid I wanted to create. I made music, I made websites, I dabbled in programming, I learned to tattoo, etc. I got my first job when I was 17, barely finished school because I was more interested in making money. Although I did hold hobbies and abilities (I refuse to call it talent). I was and still am extremely into creating music. At the time, I remember being 16 and creating various music, selling it to friends, strangers, on the internet, etc. At the time, I didn't realize this would be a useful trait later on.
Fast forward a bit, I settled and got a "real job" (slowlane). I switched employers, but stayed in the same field about 9 years. I was a total sidewalker at the time. I was also very irresponsible, delusional and entitled. Throughout that time, I got married at 23 (lol), lost my job and got a divorce. Good times. I was always one of those people that hated having a "job", but was always told that thinking I didn't need to work a day job my whole life means I'm just lazy. I felt like that part was a bit of bullshit. I was out of work a while. During that time, I learned a lot about myself. I changed a lot, learned a lot and got things together. Landed another job, quickly moved up through the company. I was beginning to settle. Fast forward a couple more years, things were way better, I got a new car finally, was making OK money (by my standards then) but things were becoming redundant again. Switched job fields, got into auto sales a little over a year ago. Here I am.. Working toward firing my boss and moving on.

Then & Now
When I realized I hated my job field (the one of 9 years) I took a risk and jumped into auto sales. Was making better money, but began realizing it was still just another dead-end job. Recently (no more than a year ago) something changed me. I began reading more. I'm 28 years old now and the only thing I regret now is not listening more and not finding mentors when I was younger. I've begun a bout of self-improvement and have been loving every minute of it. I used to be a blamer/a "victim", I didn't take accountability, I was of little action, delusional (I'm special, something will work out) and a sidewalker.
Now, I've learned humility, I learn from mistakes and use failures as a positive movement toward success, I know the world owes me NOTHING (you only deserve what you earn), the list goes on.
In my current slowlane job, I work in special finance for auto sales. Man, I could literally write a book on the stories I hear/see. Everyone wants a handout, and when they can't handle responsibility they want a bailout. It's ridiculous. I've had people with a 400 credit score tell me they need something "nice". Anyway, I won't turn this into a rant. Then, I discovered the Fastlane Millionaire. I don't recall how, I was googling something, actually came across the forum first. Read one member's review on the book and bought it that same night via Amazon Next Day delivery. Man... I LOVE THIS BOOK. MJ, you are SPOT ON!! I was so happy to see it wasn't another candy-bar motivation book, its' REALITY. I'm not done with the book yet (about half-way through it within a week) but have already found so many take away's from it (another thing I've grown to love, having a daily take away).

To close up here, I've been more motivated than ever to make something with my life, not settle for the slowlane. I've come to realize I was raised by generations of sidewalkers. The slowlane is programmed in our brain by society, the media. I'm tired of it. I see so many people struggle with things that they don't have to struggle with, so many people not making the most of what they can, I decided to pass along take aways I have from daily reading to friends and others via a blog. A lot of it can seem like common sense stuff, but in a chaotic world we end to over-dramatize our circumstances and the solution doesn't seem so simple (while it usually is).

I plan to start a business, but can't figure out what. I like helping people, but I also like creating. I can't figure out where to start exactly, which idea is best. Which I look at as a good thing; why settle for one business?

Anyway, sorry this turned into a bit of rambling. I kept getting interrupted. I should learn how to isolate myself a bit better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...