The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm Dom from Belgium

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Hello fastlaners!

I am Dom, 21 years old and living in Belgium near the capital, Brussels.

When I look back at my life I can't help but notice something different about my behaviour in comparison to other people around me.
While my fellow students would work al summer long to buy a computer or a moped or similar, I sold my old toys.
I never wanted to give up my valuable free time as a kid in exchange for something material. I'd rather spend less or make money selling something I don't need.
Altough the working experience would have helped me grow up, I never regretted enjoying my vacations as much as I could.

While attending high school I was always busy doing something else, my own projects. Not that school material didn't interest me but I could always find something else interesting to do.
You can propably guess that this wasn't helping my grades. ;)

After high school I attended Engineering college because I have always been technically inclined. In high school I already attended scientific/technical courses.

Because I always found other interesting things to do, I neglected my studies and had to quit after 3 years of below average performance. I know this is REALLY stupid but I think it is positive in a way.

I have also been a car enthousiast for about 7 years now, loving everything from car audio to exotics to performacne tuning.
I have learned a lot about cars and have read a lot of books about the technical aspect, tuning, superchargers, turbo's... Unfortunalty I haven't found a way to do something productive with it.

After dropping out I started reading buiness books and actually started to grow up.
Some of them are:
- The 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen R Covey. This was my first and has really openend my eyes. It teaches you to take control of yourself and not let other people lead your life.
- 4 hour workweek
- Fastlane Millionaire (Best one, really loved reading every chapter)
- One Simple Idea
- What rich people know and desperatly want to keep secret

I got my first job the year I quit school and since yesterday got my 2nd job. (technical sales)
It doesn't pay that much, about €1500/month after taxes but it's a start. I hope to learn a lot from it.

My goal is now to have a business that nets the same amount so I can support myself without having to spend so many hours working for someone else. I wouldn't mind working double the hours for myself.

I recently started a website called www.fastcarspot.com . I wanted to learn how to build a website and perform basic SEO on it. The project is on a hold now since my friend/co-founder quit and I haven't found a specific niche for the site yet, it's just too random now.

I'm now on the lookout for a more serious project to start building an income. There are so many options that I don't know where to start.

adsense sites, buying/selling on ebay, online store, affiliate marketing, forex, and many many more.

The thing that I like a lot is owning an online store so I'm reading up on that. Drop shipping looks like the way to go altough I'm not sure how profitable it actually is.

I REALLY want to start something profitable before the end of the year. So I have a lot of work to do.

All comments/help/advice welcome guys :)

Greetings

Dom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Welcome to the forum Dom.

Hopefully you'll find what you want to do fairly soon. The main thing isn't just about what to start, but going out and starting!

Nothing makes you want to make more money like making more money!

Looking forward to seeing how your journey works out :)

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks guys!

Today I have been analysing possible niches for an Ecommerce store using SERP and some basic calculations.
Unfortunatly without succes :( .
I will keep u guys updated if I find something that seems usable.

I have read some more about basic SEO tactics and have a new book in my inventory called "Simply seven ways to create a sustainable internet business". I hope this will give me more confidence and help me find a good niche.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Thank you Mandie!

Good news, I found the market I want to dominate ;) . It's something I already have alot of knowledge about and I already found 2 possible dropshippers in neighbouring countries.
Tomorrow is my first day at my new job so I will have to make sure I focus on that too (unfortunatly).

I hope I can use Wordpress to create my online store but I'm not sure if this is the way to go, soooo much to learn still.
I'll propably start a new thread next week with alot of questions ;).

Thanks for reading my story and the replies everyone! Sooo excited

EDIT: Seems I tend to write 'soooo' alot when I'm excited, nevermind that ;).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...