The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi Everyone!

Jorrit

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2019
First of all thanks to the moderators and @MJ DeMarco for accepting me to this Forum:) My name is Jorrit and I'm from Holland but I live in Mexico City. How did I end up in Mexico City? About ten years ago I studied international business and management and I there was an exchange program between Amsterdam and Mexico City. During my stay I fell in love with Mexico (the food, the weather, the people and I decided to live here. The Netherlands is a small country and I wanted adventure and just as @MJ DeMarco I need the sun to feel energized and inspired.

When I came to Mexico I had no work visa and I couldn't get a job at a multimational (which was my plan). After three months my savings were running low but I didn't want to go back to the Netherlands. Then I found a job vacancy for an English teacher in a one of the most prestegious private schools in Mexico City. At least it was something and I could get my visa in order. I remember the first day very well, the coordinator gave me a textbook and said "good luck"! I had never tought anything in my entire life and the students ate me alive the first year. Imagine, 6 groups with each more than 40 teenagers. But after a couple of years a I got the hang of it and I actually became quite at it. I learned a thing or two about preparing proper lessons and group management.

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur and although I had a good time at the school, it was time to move on. I started my own tutoring business which evolved into a Spanish language school. I created a website, learned about web design, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Googly MyBusiness, copy writing and more. The school is doing well and it provides me with about 70% passive income. I'm enjoying the ride and I'm still learning but it's not offering me the scale to get rich quick. I have some other ideas currently that I'm working on and that is why I join this Forum, to learn from other, to get inspired and share knowledge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...