- Joined
- Nov 12, 2019
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$100
$100
User Power: 100%
First of all thanks to the moderators and @MJ DeMarco for accepting me to this Forum
My name is Jorrit and I'm from Holland but I live in Mexico City. How did I end up in Mexico City? About ten years ago I studied international business and management and I there was an exchange program between Amsterdam and Mexico City. During my stay I fell in love with Mexico (the food, the weather, the people and I decided to live here. The Netherlands is a small country and I wanted adventure and just as @MJ DeMarco I need the sun to feel energized and inspired.
When I came to Mexico I had no work visa and I couldn't get a job at a multimational (which was my plan). After three months my savings were running low but I didn't want to go back to the Netherlands. Then I found a job vacancy for an English teacher in a one of the most prestegious private schools in Mexico City. At least it was something and I could get my visa in order. I remember the first day very well, the coordinator gave me a textbook and said "good luck"! I had never tought anything in my entire life and the students ate me alive the first year. Imagine, 6 groups with each more than 40 teenagers. But after a couple of years a I got the hang of it and I actually became quite at it. I learned a thing or two about preparing proper lessons and group management.
I always wanted to be an entrepreneur and although I had a good time at the school, it was time to move on. I started my own tutoring business which evolved into a Spanish language school. I created a website, learned about web design, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Googly MyBusiness, copy writing and more. The school is doing well and it provides me with about 70% passive income. I'm enjoying the ride and I'm still learning but it's not offering me the scale to get rich quick. I have some other ideas currently that I'm working on and that is why I join this Forum, to learn from other, to get inspired and share knowledge.
When I came to Mexico I had no work visa and I couldn't get a job at a multimational (which was my plan). After three months my savings were running low but I didn't want to go back to the Netherlands. Then I found a job vacancy for an English teacher in a one of the most prestegious private schools in Mexico City. At least it was something and I could get my visa in order. I remember the first day very well, the coordinator gave me a textbook and said "good luck"! I had never tought anything in my entire life and the students ate me alive the first year. Imagine, 6 groups with each more than 40 teenagers. But after a couple of years a I got the hang of it and I actually became quite at it. I learned a thing or two about preparing proper lessons and group management.
I always wanted to be an entrepreneur and although I had a good time at the school, it was time to move on. I started my own tutoring business which evolved into a Spanish language school. I created a website, learned about web design, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Googly MyBusiness, copy writing and more. The school is doing well and it provides me with about 70% passive income. I'm enjoying the ride and I'm still learning but it's not offering me the scale to get rich quick. I have some other ideas currently that I'm working on and that is why I join this Forum, to learn from other, to get inspired and share knowledge.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
