The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone

DAL

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Hello
I am Dave, from the UK and have just joined the forum today and would like to introduce myself to members.

@MJ DeMarco and his books have brought me to the forum. I read The Millionaire Fastlane just before Christmas after buying it amongst a bunch of other business style books from Amazon with a gift card i'd been given. Two months previously I'd had my 'FTE' and kicked myself into action and the purchase of almost a dozen books ranging from web design and basic code, graphic design, marketing and startup books was part of a package to help me start learning about creating a web based business (something i'd thought about for a long time as a viable business startup that I could actually learn how to go about executing). The book TMF was on the Amazon recommended list of books and after reading a few reviews I thought what the heck and dropped it in my cart. I'm not sure why but it was the first book I read on delivery and i'm so glad I did. I'd had a niggling feeling that something wasn't right with the way I was living and that there must be more to life than the daily grind and MJ's book confirmed what I had been mulling around my mind for years and his background story has given me the motivation to give it everything to become free of the corporate game and win back time for myself and my family.

So a little about me, well as MJ would say in Unscripted (edit: now finished:))i am IN DEEP! I have a family with a baby, with a mortgage and dog and numerous other animals (all rescued). I have a good job for a large corporation. I have always worked hard, four paper rounds at school, warehouse job before and after my college lectures and then got my degree part time whilst working full time and worked my way into a good career. I am not work shy and I have wanted to work for myself and be independent for as long as I can remember. I just didn't know how and never had the confidence or realised that I could do it by teaching myself how until my early thirties. So I started learning about startups and business structures. 5-6 years ago I even made a basic website and set up an online store selling imported fishing tackle (fishing and the outdoors one of my many passions). It was a total flop it terms of allowing me to earn my own income but I learnt so much from it and it has been helping me with next venture (not what to do/ what i need to do).

So my goals are not to become rich with money, but with time, MJ hit the nail home with this one. Me and my wife have lots of passions and dreams and we are unable to follow them whilst stuck in the rat race of our corporate jobs. I am currently setting up a website which will be a source of value which I hope will help enough people to allow me to leave full time employment so I can pursue other ideas I have and live free of the 9-5. It is very difficult as I have very little time to do this, I work every day when I can be it 10 mins or 2hrs of spare time, I grab it when I can, no TV, and very little social events so we will see where this journey takes me. I hope to become involved in the forum and learn from like minded people and hopefully/ eventually give something back. I have limited time and my number one priority at present is building my site so I can't say how much interaction I will have in these early days but I will try my very best.

Many thanks

D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend and thanks for the intro.

DAL

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Thanks for the Likes Gents :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.