kawasakirider
PARKED
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2012
- Messages
- 36
Rep Bank
$170
$170
Hi everyone, my name is Trent. I'm 20 years old from Queensland, Australia.
I stumbled across the Fastlane forum the other night whilst not being able to sleep. I was trying to think of ways to make money, an idea came into my head and I wanted to know how to make it a reality. I am an avid forum user, so I googled money forums and ended up here.
A quick background of myself:
I finished high school in 2010, I received the highest marks possible in English and other good results across the board. After school, I attended university for the first part of 2011, as I was accepted into a Bachelor of Science course. This didn't work out, as I had to move South with my girlfriend to attend university and where I was situated was a 100km return trip from the uni to my house.
I didn't have the funds to drive there all the time and not only that, the science didn't interest me. So for the past 8 months or so, I've been dabbling in various areas, still trying to find myself and that sure fire way to make my first million.
I've invested money into a Real Estate course recently, upon completion of that, I will be a Real Estate agent. The main reason I wanted to venture into the world of RE was to gain a sound understanding of the industry and use that information for my own benefits when the time comes for myself to invest.
Unfortunately it is very hard to get a job in RE at the moment, so I am kind of stuck. I hate to admit it, but I am unemployed and have no fallback plan now. I ruined my chance at getting into university again, until I am 21 (which is at the end of the year), but I'm not even sure I want to go. I'd rather start a business or sell something, as I believe it could be lucrative.
Now I've come up with an idea that has never been done before and I'm reading "One Simple Idea" by Stephen Key right now. I am hoping that I will be able to learn enough to licence the idea successfully and continue to do so with other ideas in the future.
As well as that, I am currently writing a book for Kindle. I mentioned before that English was a strong point of mine at school, well I meant it. I received A's for everything I wrote, without trying. What I am doing now, is taking some pieces that I have already written and turning them into a novel. I would like to have the novel done in less than 3 months. I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, since I am unemployed, I'd like to use this time to be productive.
Once the first novel is done, I have a series of short stories that I will be publishing to Kindle, I actually may try to dig up some of the stuff I have written, collate them and upload them in the near future to test the waters for short stories. The thing I am worried about is not being recognised due to a lack of marketing understanding.
I am hesitant to send my work for review because I don't have it patented, but if it isn't reviewed, I doubt that anyone would ever find it. I'll cross those bridges later, if anyone feels inclined to give me tips on gaining notoriety in the writing world, I would be greatly appreciative.
Other than that, I have an idea for a few iDevice apps. I would never intend to produce those myself though, I would be aiming to somehow licence them to another company.
As I write this, I am experiencing mixed emotions. On one hand, I am extremely happy that I've found this website and as a result, my thought process is already working much harder than it has been for the last few months that I've sat at idle. This is making me excited
On the other hand, I am worried that if my ideas do fail, I am destined to a life of mediocrity.
I guess if I don't try, I am destined to a mediocre life anyway, I am hungry for success and I am hoping to obtain it. What I am more desperate to obtain at this point in time is short term success other than outright success, is the generation of a slow trickle of income. Once that happens, I will know that I'm on the right track and I'll keep building momentum.
So, with that said, I would like to say "Hi" to everyone here and I hope to learn a great deal! Also, if there are any millionaires in Brisbane that are after a protege, I am willing to work for free to prove myself, hopefully something you have rubs off on myself 😀
Cheers,
Trent
I stumbled across the Fastlane forum the other night whilst not being able to sleep. I was trying to think of ways to make money, an idea came into my head and I wanted to know how to make it a reality. I am an avid forum user, so I googled money forums and ended up here.
A quick background of myself:
I finished high school in 2010, I received the highest marks possible in English and other good results across the board. After school, I attended university for the first part of 2011, as I was accepted into a Bachelor of Science course. This didn't work out, as I had to move South with my girlfriend to attend university and where I was situated was a 100km return trip from the uni to my house.
I didn't have the funds to drive there all the time and not only that, the science didn't interest me. So for the past 8 months or so, I've been dabbling in various areas, still trying to find myself and that sure fire way to make my first million.
I've invested money into a Real Estate course recently, upon completion of that, I will be a Real Estate agent. The main reason I wanted to venture into the world of RE was to gain a sound understanding of the industry and use that information for my own benefits when the time comes for myself to invest.
Unfortunately it is very hard to get a job in RE at the moment, so I am kind of stuck. I hate to admit it, but I am unemployed and have no fallback plan now. I ruined my chance at getting into university again, until I am 21 (which is at the end of the year), but I'm not even sure I want to go. I'd rather start a business or sell something, as I believe it could be lucrative.
Now I've come up with an idea that has never been done before and I'm reading "One Simple Idea" by Stephen Key right now. I am hoping that I will be able to learn enough to licence the idea successfully and continue to do so with other ideas in the future.
As well as that, I am currently writing a book for Kindle. I mentioned before that English was a strong point of mine at school, well I meant it. I received A's for everything I wrote, without trying. What I am doing now, is taking some pieces that I have already written and turning them into a novel. I would like to have the novel done in less than 3 months. I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, since I am unemployed, I'd like to use this time to be productive.
Once the first novel is done, I have a series of short stories that I will be publishing to Kindle, I actually may try to dig up some of the stuff I have written, collate them and upload them in the near future to test the waters for short stories. The thing I am worried about is not being recognised due to a lack of marketing understanding.
I am hesitant to send my work for review because I don't have it patented, but if it isn't reviewed, I doubt that anyone would ever find it. I'll cross those bridges later, if anyone feels inclined to give me tips on gaining notoriety in the writing world, I would be greatly appreciative.
Other than that, I have an idea for a few iDevice apps. I would never intend to produce those myself though, I would be aiming to somehow licence them to another company.
As I write this, I am experiencing mixed emotions. On one hand, I am extremely happy that I've found this website and as a result, my thought process is already working much harder than it has been for the last few months that I've sat at idle. This is making me excited
I guess if I don't try, I am destined to a mediocre life anyway, I am hungry for success and I am hoping to obtain it. What I am more desperate to obtain at this point in time is short term success other than outright success, is the generation of a slow trickle of income. Once that happens, I will know that I'm on the right track and I'll keep building momentum.
So, with that said, I would like to say "Hi" to everyone here and I hope to learn a great deal! Also, if there are any millionaires in Brisbane that are after a protege, I am willing to work for free to prove myself, hopefully something you have rubs off on myself 😀
Cheers,
Trent
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
