D
DeletedUser397
Guest
Here's a quick intro on myself and why I'm here:
I'm 27, living with parents (because I was previously in credit card debt, which I've since gotten clear of), and I just started reading the book. I’ve been living on the sidewalk for most of my life, and my parents (among others) have been trying to sell me the slow lane philosophy, as they’ve ‘made it’ quite nicely to some extent, better than most do with that philosophy. However, I’ve always been skeptical of the slow lane, not wanting to give up my today for tomorrow, yet at the same time haven’t been able to quite make it with any of my business ideas.
I’m here because I have a lot of big ideas, but rather than ranting about them I now recognize that I have to first put myself in a position financially where I can make things happen for myself, rather than be tied down to the sidewalk for life. I also need to tend to my ‘vehicle’ as in getting healthier and living a more balanced life.
In the immediate short-term, my goal is to save $15k in the next 6 months, so as to be able to quit my job and start working full force on my IT business. My username is a reminder to myself of what I need to keep doing.
Thanks for reading, and I’m very very grateful to be here. I think MJ’s story is quite inspirational, and the book is definitely what I have been needing for a long time.
I'm 27, living with parents (because I was previously in credit card debt, which I've since gotten clear of), and I just started reading the book. I’ve been living on the sidewalk for most of my life, and my parents (among others) have been trying to sell me the slow lane philosophy, as they’ve ‘made it’ quite nicely to some extent, better than most do with that philosophy. However, I’ve always been skeptical of the slow lane, not wanting to give up my today for tomorrow, yet at the same time haven’t been able to quite make it with any of my business ideas.
I’m here because I have a lot of big ideas, but rather than ranting about them I now recognize that I have to first put myself in a position financially where I can make things happen for myself, rather than be tied down to the sidewalk for life. I also need to tend to my ‘vehicle’ as in getting healthier and living a more balanced life.
In the immediate short-term, my goal is to save $15k in the next 6 months, so as to be able to quit my job and start working full force on my IT business. My username is a reminder to myself of what I need to keep doing.
Thanks for reading, and I’m very very grateful to be here. I think MJ’s story is quite inspirational, and the book is definitely what I have been needing for a long time.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
