The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone, new member here...

terdberd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum and another which I saw on reddit and am excited to grow my websites even more! This is one of my 3 websites that I switched to mediavine in mid-2019... looking forward to learning lots more :smile2:

At the moment, the traffic is purely from social media where I have several hundred thousand followers. I have a 100k mail list as well, and I am just starting to look into growing the organic traffic (I know I'm late to the party on this). I have tried to SEO optimize the content before and it has ranked decently but I haven't seen very much traffic from it... I haven't experimented with buying backlinks etc.

I run the website by myself with one full-time writer and a few others I use from time to time. I add on average 2 new pieces of content per week but will try to expand that in the future. The revenue is purely from display advertising and the expenses are minimal so most of the earnings are profit. I want to expand my revenue streams as I feel I am missing out on lots of potential earnings if the ads alone are earning this much!

I just want to note I had smaller successes and failures in the beginning but kept trying and trying and finally made it. I stuck to the same area where I saw so many others having success and was finally able to replicate it myself. I've also had successful websites completely die and have learned to embrace failures as learning experiences.

I also want to say that I suffer from depression and ADHD which oftentimes makes it hard to work and find the motivation to improve, which I feel holds me back a lot. I often thought that once I had found success my life would magically improve and that everything would be great. However, after doing well, reaching goals, and earning a decent amount of money I realized my mental health still isn't great. So just remember, earning money is great but it doesn't solve everything!

However, I look forward to what the future will bring :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• new here.jpg
    new here.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 8

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard and congrats on some early successes young, be proud of yourself.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Welcome to the forum, and well done on your small successes and failures. If you are going to have failures ( which we all do) at least make them small and get them over quickly, as you have, then you can lean from them and make your successes bigger.

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
Welcome, I can relate to the ADHD issues...
To me it feels like it's what has been holding me back my whole life. So I am looking forward to getting some treatment for it later on this year. Who knows in what aspects of life it may help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

natyms

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 10, 2018
Munich
Hey, just found your post and I can related to you.
I suffer from high funtioning depression and was recently diagnosed with ADHD. My problem is that, on my good days, I have a lot of energy and put myslef incredible goals that I would reach, if every day were good. But when the bad days hit, it is really difficult to find the energy to work on my project (or to take a shower).
I have discovered that yoga and meditation first thing in the morning help me a lot to maintain my mental health, as well as eating well and sleeping enough. But if I don't do it for a few days in a row, I fall off the wagon and it takes me a long time to catch it again.
Also, this corona situtaion isn't making it easier and seeing how people are treating each other makes me far more depressed than I wish to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...