The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, do you also not like all the cheesy startup talk? (Saying hi, introducing myself)

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I would like to say hi and share a bit about myself. Here it goes.

Ever since I was 15 and started working as a bartender at a local bar, I felt something being off with being employed by someone. I felt trapped and disgusted by the attitude my superiors gave me. They did not think I was worth anything and treatedme like crap to say the least. A 15 year old kid! ‍♂️ I imagined a life where I would work for a paycheck and I felt horrible. That gave me motivation to explore my options.

Anyway, I knew there's something more. I knew that there's a way to not work for anyone else, and it's Entrepreneurship.

While I know you eventually work for the customer as an entrepreneur, you can work on any project you want, namely getting passionate about your work, whatever it may be - even it it's not something you love, you love working on it.

That being said, at my young age, I'm 24, I've had the pleasure of discovering that obsessive work ethic you develop when you work on your own thing. Effectively discovering that it doesn't matter at all if you like the industry you're in and what you're working on, the sheer power of doing your own thing is enough. Then I also discovered that working on someone's thing is not giving me any joy, so I won't.

I know I've written some unstructured nonsense here right now, but it's honest. I am an entrepreneur, even though I have no real business set up right now, I know what I am and I am going to pursue it with full steam ahead.

As to why I came to this forum: I'm here to share ideas, interact with like-minded people and entertain my curiosity. From all the books I've read, and I've been really critical of the authors, I found that MJ is a no-bullshit guy. I didn't just read, I thought about every sentence he wrote and it checks out. That's why I'm here. That's why I feel comfortable being in this community and thats why I'd love to get to know you guys.

So this has been nice, I'm going to go mind my own business now. Take care you guys and go get whatever you're searching for!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
I would like to say hi and share a bit about myself. Here it goes.

Ever since I was 15 and started working as a bartender at a local bar, I felt something being off with being employed by someone. I felt trapped and disgusted by the attitude my superiors gave me. They did not think I was worth anything and treatedme like crap to say the least. A 15 year old kid! ‍♂️ I imagined a life where I would work for a paycheck and I felt horrible. That gave me motivation to explore my options.

Anyway, I knew there's something more. I knew that there's a way to not work for anyone else, and it's Entrepreneurship.

While I know you eventually work for the customer as an entrepreneur, you can work on any project you want, namely getting passionate about your work, whatever it may be - even it it's not something you love, you love working on it.

That being said, at my young age, I'm 24, I've had the pleasure of discovering that obsessive work ethic you develop when you work on your own thing. Effectively discovering that it doesn't matter at all if you like the industry you're in and what you're working on, the sheer power of doing your own thing is enough. Then I also discovered that working on someone's thing is not giving me any joy, so I won't.

I know I've written some unstructured nonsense here right now, but it's honest. I am an entrepreneur, even though I have no real business set up right now, I know what I am and I am going to pursue it with full steam ahead.

As to why I came to this forum: I'm here to share ideas, interact with like-minded people and entertain my curiosity. From all the books I've read, and I've been really critical of the authors, I found that MJ is a no-bullshit guy. I didn't just read, I thought about every sentence he wrote and it checks out. That's why I'm here. That's why I feel comfortable being in this community and thats why I'd love to get to know you guys.

So this has been nice, I'm going to go mind my own business now. Take care you guys and go get whatever you're searching for!
What's your plan if you don't mind me asking?

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
What's your plan if you don't mind me asking?
Well I thought out this years ago, actually when I was like 19, but its kinda like this:

Find a problem to fix, sell the solution, sell the company for a reasonable sum and start space construction company, start prosthetics company and then some. I'm starting with one company to then supply the cash needed for my dream companies.

I had a book of ideas that I wrote, I thought they were amazing and worth a lot. Turns out they were all just incompatible with my criteria: (a solution that fixes problems for millions and it's able to reach millions, probably through Internet)

Does that satisfy your curiosity?

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
First of all - welcome to the forum.

What are you doing right now to further your dream? Who are you helping?

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
First of all - welcome to the forum.

What are you doing right now to further your dream? Who are you helping?
Thank you.

That's just it. Being in the house most of the time due to lockdown and not being able to find complaints on the Internet, I am helping no one right now, because I have no business, I have no idea that would help a lot of people.

Do you think I should start with an idea that I have already and just get practice?

Where do you suggest I get my inspiration from? Where have you gotten an idea that stems from a problem someone had?

Would appreciate the input.

P.S.: I know these things mostly just happen unexpectedly. I had most of my ideas that way lol

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Inspiration and ideas come from every where - we just have to be observant enough to see them.

Not being from Slovenia I can't speak to the conditions there and what restrictions you're dealing with. However, many people have found problems to solve while working for other people. I identified many possible biz ideas while working slow lane jobs. I finally committed to one and am hard at it. You're young, so maybe trying some more jobs to gain experience and be exposed to opportunities is something to consider.

You should also realistically consider what skills you have and how you can put them to work. If you don't have marketable skills you'll need to get some. Plenty of online learning opportunities out there.

Make sure you spend some time reading the GOLD and NOTABLE threads in this forum. Tons of great knowledge being shared there.

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Inspiration and ideas come from every where - we just have to be observant enough to see them.

Not being from Slovenia I can't speak to the conditions there and what restrictions you're dealing with. However, many people have found problems to solve while working for other people. I identified many possible biz ideas while working slow lane jobs. I finally committed to one and am hard at it. You're young, so maybe trying some more jobs to gain experience and be exposed to opportunities is something to consider.

You should also realistically consider what skills you have and how you can put them to work. If you don't have marketable skills you'll need to get some. Plenty of online learning opportunities out there.

Make sure you spend some time reading the GOLD and NOTABLE threads in this forum. Tons of great knowledge being shared there.
Value bomb!

All of this is what I was internalising, not thinking about it much but surely doing something about.

Inspiration does indeed come from everywhere, the other time I was working in an office, they had a ton of PDF contracts that I had to manually scour for dates and then input them into a database. I had an idea to build an AI that would do it for me XD.
Just an example.

Back to the topic, i am well aware that working jobs could land me some INSIDERS knowledge that would help me get my juices flowing. And I am working a job right now, and I have been working a lot of different jobs and noticing lot of problems that need to be solved indeed.

As for the skills needed, I am actively working on learning as much as I can in all sorts of stuff, from physics to business to software. I am working my brain hard ;).

Thank you for nudging me in the right direction! I'll be checking out those threads!

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hey welcome, I'd like to know, what kind of business are you into if you haven't started already. Just wondering
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm into computer science, so it would only be fair if I did make a company utilising tech. To do whatever it may be. I'm kinda thinking that I should do a web development company just to start learning the ins and outs of running a business. And of course to gain capital and insight to then support my next company.

Is that a cliche? I feel like everyone is doing web design/dev companies nowadays...

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm into computer science, so it would only be fair if I did make a company utilising tech. To do whatever it may be. I'm kinda thinking that I should do a web development company just to start learning thw ins and outs of running a business. And of course to gain capital and insight to then support my next company.
Oh man not to burst your bubble but it seems like you have a long way to go. But you seem to have a good sense of direction of where you are headed. Do you know exactly what kind of web dev company? Do you mean like making websites?

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Oh man not to burst your bubble but it seems like you have a long way to go. But you seem to have a good sense of direction of where you are headed. Do you know exactly what kind of web dev company? Do you mean like making websites?
My final goal is to make a space construction company. To help the human race finally occopy space and, *heheh* allow me to retire somewhere else than on Earth.

But to get there, I'll have to Musk the crap out of my journey.

The web business would serve me as a learning experience, cash flow and funding. It would also replace a job for now. Even with my skills, I seem to not vibe very well with the interviewers and tend to not get any jobs in that sector. So only jobs that are available to me right now are basic jobs like pizza delivery, bartending and others.

To answer the question: it would first be a website making business, evolving into a complete service. Market research, marketing, web dev and so forth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...