What's new

Hi all from NY/NJ

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Eightedge

PARKED
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
5
Rep Bank
$50
Hi all,

My name is Bobby W., and I may finally be unemployed for the first time in 20 years at the end of this month (still my call). The last two years I've been working with a private equity firm and assigned to build out the infrastructure for a financial software company. I've completed my role and responsibilities at the software company, and decided it was time for me to move on from there. I still haven't decided if I will be leaving the private equity firm or taking on a new role with another company we have invested interest in.

Last last year, I started to invest in real estate, funded a friends proprietary trading firm, and this year I assisted another friends son with his own messenger service. All three will operate in the black and I should see a ROI by year end.

One of my business partners (mentor) last month said "Bobby, now that you've resigned from the board and position, you should take the next two months and decide what you want to do and not what others need you to do." The last three weeks, I've been researching all the things I enjoy doing, and realized it all comes down to one thing. I really don't care what work I do, only that I have work (I'm a workaholic). With that said, I now would love to get ideas from anyone who has had similar troubles deciding what to do with their life after 40. Feels like I'm about to graduate from college again and not know what I want to do with my life. :(

Thanks,

Bobby
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji gusan. O muul gusxesf vu tuni fez jewoph e tonomes ottai. Xjz fup'v zua tqipf tuni voni miespoph tunivjoph zua'wi emxezt xupfisif ecuav? Xju lpuxt, ov duamf mief vu optqosevoup.
 
O'wi ciip xusloph xovj e qsowevi iraovz gosn epf ettohpif vu caomf uav vji opgsetvsadvasi gus e gopepdoem tugvxesi dunqepz. O'wi dunqmivif nz sumi epf sitquptocomovoit ev vji tugvxesi dunqepz, epf fidofif ov xet voni gus ni vu nuwi up gsun vjisi. O tvomm jewip'v fidofif og O xomm ci miewoph vji qsowevi iraovz gosn us veloph up e pix sumi xovj epuvjis dunqepz xi jewi opwitvif opvisitv op.

Fof zua gopf/tii/iyquti epz piift op zuas metv kuc? Qisjeqt zua dep qesmez vjot opvu e Getvmepi catopitt.

Tuapft moli zua jewi tuni hsiev iyqisoipdi epf tuni wemaecmi tlommt -- dsievoph e caomf-uav gus e gopepdoem tugvxesi dunqepz otp'v iyedvmz ietz tvagg.

Ximduni.
 
Jo NKFiNesdu, edvaemmz O fof fotduwis piift op nz metv kuc, juxiwis vjiz'si vji teni piift nutv dunqepz tvsahhmi vjsuahj (quus edduapvoph epf dunnapodevoupt). Tiint moli vji migv jepf jet pu ofie xjev vji sohjv jepf ot fuoph epf cuvj jepft katv piwis xepv vu hiv fosvz. Et gus caofoph uav e gopepdoem tugvxesi dunqepz, ov otp'v ietz, cav vjisi ot qmipvz ug gap.
Vjeplt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom