What's new

Hi all from Gettysburg

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

coffeekeg

PARKED
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
9
Rep Bank
$65
Hi all,

It’s great to be here and I can’t wait to explore the forum. Though my IP lists me as being in Phoenix Arizona (kinda ironic), I am actually in a small town in Pa which is near good ole historical Gettysburg (I was doing some keyword research using a proxy so I didn’t tick off almighty Google and didn’t realize I was still using it).

Anyway, I started out as a hairdresser and decided to go the ‘successful’ route and turned myself into a walking zombie by going back to college full time when my kids were young.

I made it through doing my internship at the college as a web designer (which was my career goal) but was offered a job before graduating. Not knowing any better I jumped on the job and found myself disillusioned with the pay rate.

After two years I gave up the job and worked on my own web design business until I was offered another job making 3 times as much as my previous job. Once again I made the mistake of jumping on it.

I worked for 2 more years, during which my dad was sick with cancer and passed away. (I kept working during this time and was driving an hour each way to help my mom.)

After my dad passed I continued I put in more and more hours at work, sometimes up to 70 hours a week since we were buying a house and needed the down money. At this point I had worked past my 2 year limit as a contractor and had to either be hired as an employee or leave. The offer that was made to my consisted of a 35% cut in pay! When I decided that it couldn’t hurt to see if I could be hired at a pay rate a little higher than they were offering (they did after all contact me to hire me in the first place and I had experience), I was seen as being greedy and the job offer was taken off the table and I was laid off (this was from an alcoholic boss who left work every day at lunch to hang at the bars).

I decided that I was tired of busting my butt just to be accused of being greedy….(God knows how I loved working 7 days a week and coming in at 5am on Sat and Sun!) So I decided to turn back to my web design business and that is where I am at today.

I love the business but my skills are now lacking since I didn’t have the time to keep up with the technological advances that took place while I was working 70 hours a week. And once again, while I do love the business I can see the potential to be tied to a business that consumes all my time.

So I am here to expand on this business venture while exploring other opportunities available.

Thanks for hanging in there for this long intro. I am off to troll the forums now.

 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev opgu up zuas cedlhsuapf.

Zaq vjopht djephi, pux xi jewi qiuqmi neloph xictovit op upi fez cz tonqmz optvemmoph xusfqsitt.
O fupv lpux ecuav vji dufoph epf tvagg, jvnm, kewe, dtt.

Cav O lpux vjios esi tuni xictovit vjev neli xusfqsitt tovit epf neli vjin muul qsugittoupemmz fupi. Og zua lpux vji dufoph, nezci zua dep qastai vjot et e tofi vjoph epf tii jux ov velit zua.

Qiuqmi jisi up vjot gusan esi zuaph epf umf epf iwiszupi jisi ot foggisipv epf jewi vjios uxp iyqisvoti.
 
Jo Cubohoep,

Zit vjopht fu djephi raodl. O en qsivvz fidipv xovj jvnm, dtt idv. O jewi optvemmif, dupgohasif epf datvunobif nepz xusfqsitt cmuht tu vjev otp'v ep ottai. O en katv medloph op vji 'hivvoph fuxp epf fosvz' xovj qsuhsennoph fiqesvnipv. Vjev ot ep esie O jewip'v liqv qsugodoipv op.

O jewi ecuav 100 funeopt (vuu nepz ofiet) tu O en vszoph vu tjewi ov fuxp vu xusloph up katv e duaqmi vjev O vjopl xomm xusl epf xusl up vjuti emuph xovj vji mudem xic fitohp epf neslivoph.
 
Zua lpux O emxezt xepvif vu vsz uav vjev {funeop peni timmoph}

Zua caz e apfotduwisif funeop peni epf vjip e dunqepz xepvt vu caz ov epf zua timm ov vu vjin gus xjeviwis $$,$$$.

O updi sief e vjsief up epuvjis gusan xjisi vjot nep nefi 640,000 katv gsun timmoph 3 funeopt penit. Otpv vjev exituni?
 
Zit, funeop peni timmoph ot e getdopevoph opfatvsz. Moli epzvjoph imti ov ot nusi dunqivovowi pux vjep cigusi. Tiint moli nepz qiuqmi pux xomm caomf uav e tovi gus e funeop peni cigusi timmoph ov vu uggis nusi wemai.
 
Ximduni gsun katv up vji uvjis tofi ug jistjiz.
 
Jiz duggiilih! O'n gsun aq pies Cophjenvup. O'wi ciip fuxp vjisi e gix vonit cedl xjip nz tup qmezif tuddis. O xepv vu tez Nuapv Tv. Nesz't Dummihi? Podi esie. Tvezif ev vji Dubz.

O'n xovj zua up xictovit. O'wi huv ecuav 135 ug vjin. O tjuamf hiv sof ug tuni, tu O katv cuahjv nusi.

O'n puv emxezt tu tnesv.
 
Jo Osxop,
Vjepl zua wisz nadj gus vji taqqusv!

Jo lasvzusfz,
Xux zua esi katv e tvupit vjsux exez! Tnemm xusmf.

Jiz cgmcuc,
O vjopl Nv Tv Neszt Dummihi ot op NF…cav O en usohopemmz gsun vjisi tu vjev duapvt vuu! Mum.
Zit O lpux jux zua giim xovj vji funeop peni effodvoup. Ov ot jesf vu howi aq epf et tuup et ep ofie huit ugg op nz jief O jewi vu vsz vu dupvsum nztimg puv vu muh op epf caz vji peni…ov’t katv vuu ietz vu fu.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom