The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, I am Vin...

Vinniv

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 9, 2024
Greetings, fellow Fastlaners!

I am Vin, and I just finished reading Unscripted (had read TMF prior to that).

I don't know how it was for you, but I won't lie: the books were hard for me to read. And that's not at all to say that MJ is a bad writer. In fact, he is very good.

It was hard because the books challenged a lot of beliefs. All my family has been Slowlaner. Some of my friends are Slowlaners, and the rest are Sidewalkers. I had never been familiar with anything other than these. So, reading about the Fastlane was like being exposed to a completely new path.

Not surprisingly, at the moment I am a Slowlaner too. At 28 years of age, about to finish my 2nd Masters' degree (yes, there are loans), living very frugally, but having embarrassingly little to show for in terms of wealth.

The ideas in the books forced me to re-evaluate my path. They forced me to confront myself. Forced me to admit that I made bad decisions, due to ignorance and conformity.

Numerous times, during reading, I would close my eyes and think, "Oh damn, just how did I mess this up..."

Anyway, I am glad that this happened. I wish it had happened sooner, but thankfully it's still not too late.

This is what I plan to do now:
- Re-read the books more calmly and carefully (I'm sure I missed some points in the earlier reading)
- Hone my coding skills + learn some web development, before I finish the degree this year
- Think in terms of problem solving, like a producer

Edit: My background is in Electrical Engineering and I am currently studying Finance (degree) and Coding (self-learning). I had 2 short-lived jobs: one software and one teaching, prior to this. Never fit in there, and not keen to go back.
Tentatively planning to get good at coding & web dev, and get into a business centered around that.

Any advice and insights appreciated.

Vin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...