The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey everyone..

DogsBreakfast

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Mar 5, 2015
25yrs old and currently living in Japan as an English Teacher.

Over the past year I've been taking passive and active action. Failed app idea $4k, learned code for 3months, failed websites $50, read lots of books, learned some copywriting. After app idea failed I had to make a change and decided to move to Japan.

Although I don't regret my decision, I hate it here and definitely had a skewed view of Japanese culture before I came here. Also it doesn't help living in a small town where getting laid is extremely difficult and people are less open. No nightlife, no online options, only option is one big shopping mall which I go to every week approaching girls as its the only way I can take action. Language barrier also a problem and the opportunity cost of learning the language just isn't worth it since I don't plan on staying here and the learning curve is too high it would be a waste of time. I have 9months left on my contract which I have to keep telling myself not to break as I don't want to be a quitter no matter how badly I want to leave this place. After my mental breakdown 1month ago I almost left. This might sound extreme but this is something that actually is kind of normal considering how many people have it when they first start at this company.

While I don't wish living here even on my worst enemy, there have been positives. The long and strange work hours has forced me to use the little time I have in making something happen in my life. Getting paid a pilgrims wage has taught me how important it is to build a business which gives you free time to do what you want. The frustrations with not only women but living here is making me mentally stronger. But there is a fine line between becoming stronger and turning into a monster.

Been reading IcecreamKid's thread which really has some amazing advice and I've been trying to adopt his mindset. If anyone can point me in the direction of other worthwhile threads it would be greatly appreciated!

I've just started learning copy again as a starting point and going to just focus on this one thing instead of making the mistake in the past of multitasking.

Also read the Book earlier this year but will be rereading Millionaire fastlane again soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Why do you stay there if there's nothing in that place that helps you on your journey?

DogsBreakfast

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Mar 5, 2015
If I quit I'm not earning any money, and I only have enough savings to live for about 5months. My plan is to go and live in Europe afterwards and I want to use this time to make something happen.

If I start earning some money I will definitely leave, but I feel it would be a reckless decision to leave just because I don't like it here.

Thanks for the reply it made me think about it more if I am doing the right thing or not..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...