I'm glad I found this forum. The reason I joined was to get some advice/insight (call it what you would like) on the best way to gather funding for my business.
Just to give you some background in 2008 I had created a small independent manufacturers rep company with about a dozen principals we represent. Most of the agreements (90%) we have in place are solely based on commission. We do not have to stock any product or invest capital to carry inventory. There are a few products that we have the option of buying and reselling. We look at those scenarios on a individual basis. Depending on the value of the transaction and the customer we will buy and resell.
However, recently I had been contacted by one of our princiapls about possibly stocking some of their units for rental opportunities. Being that I have the mind of a serial entrepreneur the wheels in my head started turning faster. The whole rental concept got me excited. We have a few products in our arsenal that would fit the bill (or that can be portable) for rental units.
Based on the two products I am considering at this time, the initial investment could be anywhere from $20k-$40k with unbelievable ROI. My goal is to find an independent Angel Investor that would be interested in a venture like that. I'm exploring the small banking option as well but felt that Angel Investors or VC's may be a better option.
Does anyone have experience in the rental equipment business? If so do you know of investors who are seeking to fund a rental business?
I look forward to getting feedback, positive or negative.
Thanks!
Just to give you some background in 2008 I had created a small independent manufacturers rep company with about a dozen principals we represent. Most of the agreements (90%) we have in place are solely based on commission. We do not have to stock any product or invest capital to carry inventory. There are a few products that we have the option of buying and reselling. We look at those scenarios on a individual basis. Depending on the value of the transaction and the customer we will buy and resell.
However, recently I had been contacted by one of our princiapls about possibly stocking some of their units for rental opportunities. Being that I have the mind of a serial entrepreneur the wheels in my head started turning faster. The whole rental concept got me excited. We have a few products in our arsenal that would fit the bill (or that can be portable) for rental units.
Based on the two products I am considering at this time, the initial investment could be anywhere from $20k-$40k with unbelievable ROI. My goal is to find an independent Angel Investor that would be interested in a venture like that. I'm exploring the small banking option as well but felt that Angel Investors or VC's may be a better option.
Does anyone have experience in the rental equipment business? If so do you know of investors who are seeking to fund a rental business?
I look forward to getting feedback, positive or negative.
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
