The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey! 21 year old computer programmer

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Hey guys, after slowly realising the harsh truths of life year after year in my late teens and early adulthood, I realise what this world is all about, and now (after MJ's book) what the difference is between those who do, and those that don't. What I've written is a (a lot of writing) and a bit of light into my life...

I have quite the backstory growing up (that I'd probably publish into a book one day, but I haven't quite built my life up to a point where that would be worthwhile), and have realized that I do not want to be in my 50's or 60's 70's or even 40's having sequential debt living paycheck to paycheck hoping to save maybe half a million while I'm eating crayons in a retirement home. All of my hardships growing up have taught me this world is NOT KIND, and you must grab it by the horns and do what you will.

I walked into my job some weeks back with a different mindset (smiling and laughing to myself). My co-workers will most definitely, and always be, in the same place, no matter the position. They're still in a job that isn't their passion. The GM of my job is making a mediocre slow lane salary acting like the 'big man' while he is nowhere close to the big man. How do I know this? It's because I now act, and think like the big man himself (although I have a ways to go, as we all do). My GM is a cog; not a wheel, not the axel, not the car, and most definitely not the driver. My Co-Workers all talk about buying this phone, buying designer purses, buying a tv, drinks with the boys/girls, etc. (consumer mindset) I know I'm going to miss out on a lot of friendships, and good times in my early 20's with these many kind and lovely people, but I know large sacrifices mean large rewards if applied correctly. I know that I'll have the rest of my life to hang out with people, drink, socialize, ride my aventador on in italy, whatever. If I wanted to be average, I would act average, and acting average is something my friend and I have never completely done in our entire lives. It's a surreal feeling as if both of our lives have been continuous weird events leading up to the fastlane redline.

Albeit I'm still in a part-time lowly job close to minimum wage (thank god minimum wage in Canada is around $11.75), I know I have a wicked plan for my financial future, and I know it will not be average. The fact that I'm ABLE to work part-time is fantastic because as we all know, time is our most valuable asset, and I'd rather use my spare time wisely, than go work *shuddering*. I know that this job I currently work, is supporting the eventual fact that I will never have to work a job again. I may be able to quit in the next two years, three years, even 5 or 7 years, WHO KNOWS; it's the fact that I'm dedicated enough to continuously keep pounding, pounding, and eventually break the wall of average, to join the elite group of others whom are likeminded and succumed the brutal hardships to break the wall and acquire what extravagant lives they live today.

I am 21 years old turning 22 in september, and thank god I found this book on time. I currently live with my parents rent-free because they are awesome. I am not going to take this for granted. I spend every single day learning business application, advanced programming, and a variety of other different subjects imperative to success.

Down to the Meat of Things. I am in a partnership with my Best Friend that I've known since public school. We've always been cast-outs from many social circles in school growing up, and we finally realize why. We are different, and think in a different league. We have the exact same goal in our minds, and are 99999999% determined to meet this goal. We will do whatever it takes to fulfill our end goal, and overcome any challenges thrown our way. I am currently educating myself on the technical side of things while he educates himself on the business side of things. Our current goal (in the works) is through e-commerce. My partner currently works in property maintanance, and I currently work as a computer technician, over the next year or two, we are determined to let go of our current jobs, and generate enough revenue to go full force into our business. I will update our successes/failures(wisdom) from time to time, and will hopefully one day/year(s) post about us retiring in our 20's or 30's with a vengeance (with car pics and smiles obviously).

I would wish you all good luck in your own endeavours, but we all know here that luck is balogna, and our determination to learn, and grind will lead us to the end of the rainbow. You all know what you have to do, and we'll all make it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Aidan

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I'm getting really tired of these click-bait titles that have absolutely no relevance to the actual post...

Didn't know this was a regular occurrence here. Anyway, I went ahead and changed the title to not be 'that guy.'

Aidan

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
[Delete this, I'm new to this forum system and accidentally double posted]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Well welcome to the fastlaneforums, that's quite a long wall of text hope you will be able to reach your goals.

- Tony Nguyen

Aidan

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Well welcome to the fastlaneforums, that's quite a long wall of text hope you will be able to reach your goals.

- Tony Nguyen

Thanks!

Condensed, all the text really means is that I've lived life knowing something isn't exactly right, read MJ's book, seen the light, and have changed my life -- moving forward to change it from average to extraordinary; breaking the wall.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...