The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here's what one YouTube channel's growth looks like over 13 years

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
DIY car repair channel Scotty Kilmer posted a thank you and goodbye video and showed a screenshot of his lifetime views (over 1 Billion). I thought it was interesting enough to post here, especially for those considering starting your own YouTube channel.

Link to the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnxXIkTMMyk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
I used to watch his videos, good info & quite funny.
Does he still have that old Toyota?
I believe so, I'm not a fan boy, but his videos have helped me and are indeed entertaining.

He was raving about the new hardtop mx-5 miata, so maybe he upgraded.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
DIY car repair channel Scotty Kilmer posted a thank you and goodbye video and showed a screenshot of his lifetime views (over 1 Billion). I thought it was interesting enough to post here, especially for those considering starting your own YouTube channel.

View attachment 34701

Link to the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnxXIkTMMyk

So interesting how much it spiked and he become an "overnight success" after 10 years.

Shows that being a content creator is all about consistency over a long period... too many people are waiting for that "viral" moment.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
A friend has been following my own Youtube journey closely and he sent me this for motivation:

A youtuber posted his yearly youtube subscriber growth on his Instagram profile. Some people have the big hockey stock growth, some slug away at it for a long period of time.

From what I’ve seen there’s 2 ways to succeed on Youtube:
1. Play to the algorithm - this way your traffic is from recommended videos as Youtube pushes you to more and more people based on your engagement stats
2. Play to the search - this is what I’m doing (for now). People go to Youtube and search for direct help (especially in my niche where people want to learn things).

I’ve been posting for 3 months now and at 734 subscribers.
I’ve had consistent upward growth in views (big spike is when I tested some ads).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I like Scotty. I like the donkey head he uses. lol

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
A friend has been following my own Youtube journey closely and he sent me this for motivation:

View attachment 34715

A youtuber posted his yearly youtube subscriber growth on his Instagram profile. Some people have the big hockey stock growth, some slug away at it for a long period of time.

From what I’ve seen there’s 2 ways to succeed on Youtube:
1. Play to the algorithm - this way your traffic is from recommended videos as Youtube pushes you to more and more people based on your engagement stats
2. Play to the search - this is what I’m doing (for now). People go to Youtube and search for direct help (especially in my niche where people want to learn things).

I’ve been posting for 3 months now and at 734 subscribers.
I’ve had consistent upward growth in views (big spike is when I tested some ads).
View attachment 34716

What about this guy? LEMMiNO

He uploads every 4 months on average! But his videos are absolute class.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.