The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here's a way to take your idea(s) and DO something about it

Idea threads

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
If you’re anything like me you have a couple of ideas at any given time. If you are constantly thinking of new products but only have them scribbled on napkins piled up near your desk, then consider the following:

-Read One Simple Idea (by Steven Key)…I realize this book has been suggested a million times on this thread, and yet the question of ‘I have an idea…what should I do’ continue to be posted on this forum on almost a daily basis. Read. The. Book.

-There is a website that is recommended by Steven Key (he interviews the CEO of it in an Podcast interview back in 2008 that I stumbled upon) called Edison Nation:

(Submit your product ideas to retailers, manufacturers and As Seen on TV (ASOTV) at Edison Nation).

Edison Nation has been briefly mentioned on this forum before, so I thought I’d mention it more in depth this time. Edison Nation is the leading online community and resource dedicated to inventors and idea people that helps independent inventors get their ideas, products and patents commercialized. In a nutshell, you submit your idea to Edison Nation and they move it through a process (they have various teams that handle the idea at various phases: from patent pending review to manufacturing a prototype to licensing the idea to a big company). You pay $25 dollars to submit your idea and you can watch your idea move through the stages (granted, not every idea is going to be a success, but at least you can see how far it goes). If your idea DOES make it to the last stage (ie: it’s submitted to companies and it gets selected), then you split the licensing royalties with Edison Nation 50/50 (and you get $2,500 up front for ‘winning’).

As I said, that’s it in a nutshell (and I’d be happy to tell you more about it if want more information-just PM me). I have submitted an idea (it’s still in the process of being analyzed). If anything it helps you truly think about your idea, as they ask you questions about it from ‘who is the target customer,’ ‘who is the target buyer,’ ‘who are the competitors and why is you idea different/better,’ etc.

Lastly, because I am signed up on Edison Nation I am allowed to invite friends to sign up; when I send E.N. a friend’s email they send them a coupon for a free submission. If anyone wants to take advantage of it, send me a PM.

Note: I am in no way selling anything or promoting any site for anything other than I just wanted to share—that’s all there is to it.

Best o’ luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Hey Alana, I like many of your ideas, I hope you succeed. Speed+ for action taking!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.