The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here we go - starting my skincare line!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

m1steradamh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Aug 12, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone,

My first post in the "progress threads" category - hurrah!

The Story So Far:

I had made a post in the Insiders Forum as an introduction, but for the unacquainted, here's the TL;DR version of my story and introduction:
  • Had a small marketing/design business since 2009
  • A number of personal circumstances lead what was a six-figure business to tank in 2013-2015
  • This year, essentially re-launched and rebuilt everything (business and personal) in a very specific market (plastic surgeons and medical spas) and on track to do around ~200K this year; looking to double it next FY.
  • I love this business, and although it meets Need, Entry, and Control...at the moment it isn't meeting Scale or Time - although working on changing that.
I have no intention of "dropping" this business, but rather using it as a business to provide substantial cash flow as I prepare to launch what I see as a much more Fastlane-oriented venture - a private label skincare line.

The Plan:
  • My goal is to begin this skincare line with one product (see below) and grow to a larger line in the coming 12 months
  • Distribution channels will be Amazon, my own Shopify site, and through medical spas (many my existing clients) who place minimum orders.
  • Facebook/Instagram advertising and leveraging influencers will be the bread and butter of the marketing strategy.
  • My goal would be to sell in a few years, although depending on how quickly this grows it may quickly overtake my main business (marketing for plastic surgeons/medical spas)
Current Action Steps:
  • I'm pouring through this forum for the goldmine of wisdom from those who are/have been involved in physical products businesses.
  • Meanwhile, I'm trademarking my brand name (I see massive potential for where this brand could grow in the next few years) and having the visual identity designed
  • I have also sourced the product I will be private labeling (a peptide cream that makes wrinkles and under-eye circles disappear in seconds, lasting 8-10 hours, not makeup - therefore an excellent product for men and women) and will be ordering samples from several manufacturers (based in China this week)
Current Challenges:
  • I'm totally green to the world of eCommerce and physical products - so I'm using every spare moment to learn the ins and outs of this business model.
  • Finding the right ways to outsource fulfillment and customer service. As my first business occupies much of my time, I feel delegating and outsourcing from Day 1 is my best path to getting traction
  • Pricing! I will have a clearer picture of this once I secure my manufacturer, but I'm aiming for somewhere between $20-30
  • Recurring revenue - for clients who purchase from our own website, I plan to offer autoship/membership.

Stay tuned, and I'll update this thread every month as the product line comes to life!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.