The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Helping out a 3rd world country

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
Lets say you're an American of Costa Rican heritage. You want to head back to Costa Rica and build a business that helps the country.

What would you do?

I think one of the biggest things you can do is start a company and employ people by exporting products. But it seems here at fastlaneforum its more about getting ebooks on the kindle store or affiliate markeitng ("lifestyle businesses")

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Sorry to say this, but u may realize it later on

"I was blind when I first came here"
But now I can see...[HASHTAG]#LOL[/HASHTAG]

Seriously....

Buy the book [HASHTAG]#millionairefastlane[/HASHTAG]
Read it twice...
Read all the gold threads

Then, come back and post.
:) [HASHTAG]#WithLoveFromA6thWorldCountry[/HASHTAG]

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Understand what a third world country is first. It's a country that did not align with communists or nato during the cold war. back to topic, start a non profit if you want to help, target money if you want profit.

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Understand what a third world country is first. It's a country that did not align with communists or nato during the cold war. back to topic, start a non profit if you want to help, target money if you want profit.

Guess I didn't get the message. Thanks for schooling me man!

Buntsace

Vroom Vroom
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 17, 2015
If you want to help it build a business that has insane profits and makes you a ton of money.
(a biz that gives back generally doesn't have the ability to do that)

With all your money and time freedom go there and give your TIME and not your money. it's much more valuable

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
Guys I think a business can help much more than a nonprofit.

Example:

Japan after WWII, the guy who started Sony. Employed a ton of Japanese people, built the country's brand. Versus a guy who helps out homeless people.

Know what I mean?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Guys I think a business can help much more than a nonprofit.

Example:

Japan after WWII, the guy who started Sony. Employed a ton of Japanese people, built the country's brand. Versus a guy who helps out homeless people.

Know what I mean?
It's like comparing apples to oranges though. One isn't really "better" than the other. If someone is homeless, and they're not getting help, their life is miserable, regardless of how the economy is doing.

What you could do is start a business in America, and when you make money, invest it in Costa Rica. Ultimately more money and more resources will allow you to help more people, so you should start a business where you feel you're more likely to thrive.

InstantNoodles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 1, 2014
Open ended question, but I've been thinking about this a lot. How do you determine what type of business you're most likely to thrive?

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I am glad I didn't leave my country "yet" .

I didnt realise that there was so much potential in a developing country. When I read MJ's book USA+online was where I glued my interests but I took a step back and just listened to the country and man it' hollering!
Part time I am making money online as the us dollar is strong here and will use that money to build the capital needed.

I think I may have found my potential fastlane but theres a ton of positioning and work to be done.

Leaving the country is not out of the question , currently im looking to go slug it out in the oilfields/trucking , the truck drivers here have great value abroad especially in the forestry industry.

It's there waiting for you dont give up

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
In the past i wanted to do the exact same thing ....Decided not to, here why :
- Costa Rica or Algeria are a third world countries for valid reasons usually : corruption, bureaucracy, low/ non -existant work ethic...Do you really want to deal with that to " help " ??

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.