The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HELP: Setting up a Referral System

Marketing, social media, advertising

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Hey all, I need help with setting up a referral system. We currently sell a physical product on Amazon and give out samples via Instagram for people to try. The way we have it set up now is people go to a simple sign up form (MailCheat(Chimp)), input their name, e-mail, instagram name and mailing address. We send them samples of our product and ask them to post on Instagram. This has been working, but we're trying to make it go viral by letting the people who sign up share it with their friends and in return reward them with free product. How can I easily implement this?

I tried looking for Wordpress plugins and software out there, but nothing seems to allow us to do this. We came across one (http://www.viralsignups.com/) and it looked like it was everything we wanted, but their sign up form is too simple - it only captures e-mail addresses. We need to capture mailing addresses in order to send people samples.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Give aways help you attract them to atleast get a positive feedback. You can even have a questionnaire for instance.
Offering rewards is a great way to have people engaged. But, make sure you keep it interesting in a way about what people really want. Controversies might work!

I'd want you to try the gamification way.
Following the thread closely for more ideas from the forum members.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Thanks @Kevin Peter , but I'm trying to figure out how to physically set up the referral system. Is there software out there that can manage it for us or an easy way to set it up in MailCheat(Chimp)? I tried googling and researching, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for what we're looking to accomplish.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
We use Marketo - Marketing Automation, which supports us to have Extole referral marketing platform.
It helps us track how when people share across our campaigns. Runs multiple campaigns for branding or product specific with predictable analytics.

We evaluated our current contacts
Listed out possible referral sources
Segmented them as - Current customers, Past customers, Industry leaders, vendors, evangelist.
Create 2 programs - Incentive and non-incentive

3 workflows:
Invite - remove opt-outs
Accepted - for ones who accept the request
Reminder - for ones who dont take any action

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
We use Marketo - Marketing Automation, which supports us to have Extole referral marketing platform.
It helps us track how when people share across our campaigns. Runs multiple campaigns for branding or product specific with predictable analytics.

We evaluated our current contacts
Listed out possible referral sources
Segmented them as - Current customers, Past customers, Industry leaders, vendors, evangelist.
Create 2 programs - Incentive and non-incentive

3 workflows:
Invite - remove opt-outs
Accepted - for ones who accept the request
Reminder - for ones who dont take any action

Thanks. We're a new company with a tiny budget so looking for a solution that's either DIY or relatively cheap. Is there something like viralsignups.com out there that allows you to customize the sign up form? If so, that's exactly what we need to accomplish what we're trying to achieve.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC

Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks like it does the same thing as viralsignups.com does and it costs $198. Doesn't allow you to customize the form fields.

"Can we add additional fields beside email address?
No. We’ve done hundreds of tests and having more fields dramatically kills conversion rate.

Causing people to stop and think will not allow your giveaway to become viral.

You can edit your confirmation e-mail template with a question or link to a form though."

Do you think we should just use this or viralsignups.com to get people to enter their e-mail address only and then in the confirmation e-mail direct them to our signup form for the samples? If they're really signing up to get samples, they I'd expect the conversion rate for this to be really high. Thoughts?

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Any other solutions out there or an easy guide to setting one up? If someone can assist me on here, I'd be willing to pay to set it up for us.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
use BuddyPress, add as many fields you want. Get the mailing address. It is a simple stuff if yours is a e-Commerce website with a checkoout gateway page.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
use BuddyPress, add as many fields you want. Get the mailing address. It is a simple stuff if yours is a e-Commerce website with a checkoout gateway page.

Kevin we don't have a checkout gateway page as we currently only sell on Amazon. I'm surprised there isn't a simple solution for this. I've searched google extensively. Anyone else have any ideas?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.