Hello everyone,
I am relatively new on this forum and I must admit it is a goldmine!
I read on this very forum the blog bost of dochustle about his toothbrush subscription business and I found it brilliant. So much so it inspired my idea.
Before I explain my idea, let me describe the context a little bit:
I live in France, my dad founded a company in 02 and part of its business is to produce its own brand of milk for the export market. So far we do not sell in France because we don't own a factory but are just copacking, our brand is totally unknown in France and the market is dominated by huge players.
In France, miilk is sold in a 6pack of 1L (33.8 fl oz). It is convenient for people living in the suburbs, driving to the grocery store but for people living in a big city like paris, they often have to walk a significant distance, sometime ride the subway and if they are lucky they have an elevator in their appartment building but sometime they don't !
My idea is to sell 6packs of milk by subscription, delivered to the doorstep or to the janitor. I would start with my own appartment building. I would print flyers describing my offer in a very friendly neighbor way and put them in the mailbox of my neighbors. I would do the deliveries myself and start working the buildings around my own. I don't want to start a marketing campaign across the whole city of paris and have to deliver one pack here, two pack all the way across and have a lot of distance to cover for a few packs. I want to start block by block.
What do you guys think?
Any suggestions?
I would welcome any challenging critique
I am relatively new on this forum and I must admit it is a goldmine!
I read on this very forum the blog bost of dochustle about his toothbrush subscription business and I found it brilliant. So much so it inspired my idea.
Before I explain my idea, let me describe the context a little bit:
I live in France, my dad founded a company in 02 and part of its business is to produce its own brand of milk for the export market. So far we do not sell in France because we don't own a factory but are just copacking, our brand is totally unknown in France and the market is dominated by huge players.
In France, miilk is sold in a 6pack of 1L (33.8 fl oz). It is convenient for people living in the suburbs, driving to the grocery store but for people living in a big city like paris, they often have to walk a significant distance, sometime ride the subway and if they are lucky they have an elevator in their appartment building but sometime they don't !
My idea is to sell 6packs of milk by subscription, delivered to the doorstep or to the janitor. I would start with my own appartment building. I would print flyers describing my offer in a very friendly neighbor way and put them in the mailbox of my neighbors. I would do the deliveries myself and start working the buildings around my own. I don't want to start a marketing campaign across the whole city of paris and have to deliver one pack here, two pack all the way across and have a lot of distance to cover for a few packs. I want to start block by block.
What do you guys think?
Any suggestions?
I would welcome any challenging critique
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
