The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help: How to come up with an app idea?

Idea threads

mjason

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Hi,
I have been searching a long time for an app idea that can earn me some money. But I don't know how to find which idea will work and what won't. Can anyone who have prior experience in this area help me? Where should I look to get app ideas and how to validate it like that.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Pick a community (based on interest,hobby, profession, location or some combination) and ask them what apps they use, what they feel is missing from those apps, what type of app could help them solve their problems, etc.

You will find many people have 100 apps on their phone, and use only two or three of them regularly. You may also discover that there are many problems that should not be solved through an app, even though it is possible.

When you find a common theme (a problem), you can collect their info, make a simple MVP app that solves the problem, offer it for free or a small token amount, gather their feedback, and decide based on that (the amount of interest, if they were willing to pay, their feedback) if the app can provide enough value to justify further development and promotion, and then maybe it can make you a few $.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I have been searching a long time for an app idea that can earn me some money.
Jason, it seems like the premise for wanting to make the app is a little off.

Your first sentence yells "me me me, what can I get out of this".
WHERE IS THE MONEY AT?!

Until you can get yourself to ask "how can I create an app that serves others" or "where does the untapped-value lie in this niche", then you'll probably have a rough time.

Believe me, I've been asking what's in it for me for A LONG TIME, so I don't blame you.

It takes effort to ask "where can I provide value".

But when you ask such questions, more ideas come to mind and you can run that idea with the market to see if there's room for you to jump in.

Now, this is actionable. You could try looking things backward in several niches, see what apps out there are doing really well, and reverse engineering their process then see if you can apply or improve the process with an app in another niche.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.