I'm 17 going on 18 and currently reside in the United States. I am scared shitless and am panicking as to what I am going to make of myself, but I really need to get my life in check and this seems like a perfect place to start. I'm still reading the book and it seems as to whenever I stop reading it, I go through another dilemma in my life. When I continue to read on MJ mentions that type of issue and how to deal with it. Which is really nice because it places me back into the appropriate state-of-mind. My dilemma however is more constant.
I have realized how useless college will be for me. I wanted to be a video game designer, but with MJ's book I understand that I already have the skills needed to set a better life for myself. I have the ideas, the attitude, the mentality etc. But I just have the lack-luster of executing them. I practically have come up with hundreds of ideas that could make me successful, but I never bothered to go through with them. Now is when I am truly trying to do something and yet I give up after a period of time. Whenever there is an obstacle that I don;t understand I stop. I don't turn back but I am just staring at it. Aimlessly, and I need someone that can help me out.
I must improve my life or I'm literally going to finish it. I hate having the potential and being half-assed at everything. Especially, since I realize it and know or have an idea of what I can do, but still lack the motivation because of fear. I am really shy and unless forced to do something I won't do it. Now life is forcing me to take action or die. So rather than head with the latter I want to improve myself to become a complete package.
All I am looking for is some type of insight into what I am failing at. At this point I feel like a Sidewalker and Slowlaner ran through a wood chipper and formed back into brush to clean a rich mans a$$.
I am looking for productively. Hell, I don't even know what I am looking writing this. I guess something that can set me straight once and for all.
I have realized how useless college will be for me. I wanted to be a video game designer, but with MJ's book I understand that I already have the skills needed to set a better life for myself. I have the ideas, the attitude, the mentality etc. But I just have the lack-luster of executing them. I practically have come up with hundreds of ideas that could make me successful, but I never bothered to go through with them. Now is when I am truly trying to do something and yet I give up after a period of time. Whenever there is an obstacle that I don;t understand I stop. I don't turn back but I am just staring at it. Aimlessly, and I need someone that can help me out.
I must improve my life or I'm literally going to finish it. I hate having the potential and being half-assed at everything. Especially, since I realize it and know or have an idea of what I can do, but still lack the motivation because of fear. I am really shy and unless forced to do something I won't do it. Now life is forcing me to take action or die. So rather than head with the latter I want to improve myself to become a complete package.
All I am looking for is some type of insight into what I am failing at. At this point I feel like a Sidewalker and Slowlaner ran through a wood chipper and formed back into brush to clean a rich mans a$$.
I am looking for productively. Hell, I don't even know what I am looking writing this. I guess something that can set me straight once and for all.
BLESS YOUR HEART IF YOU TAKE MY CASE!
P.S. IF I DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE THEN I GUESS I'M REALLY LOST.
P.S. IF I DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE THEN I GUESS I'M REALLY LOST.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
