The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello to all you Fastlaners! :D

Rocco_M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 30, 2020
Roma
Hello everyone, I'm Rocco and I'm writing you from Italy :D . I' ve been reading you since I finished to readTMFL, and first of all, I want to say thank you all for the great contents and the incredible amount of golden nuggets you put on here, that's simply amazing! TMFL literally blow away my mind and totally changed the way I look at my future, and I can't thank @MJ DeMarco enough for how much he make me willing to obtain great results from my life. Fortunately I won't have to start from the scratch: my parents have already a local business in the healtcare field that, through years of great efforts an sacrifices, they were able to put on a good path. The business is doing kinda good and it guarantee us a steady annual profit in the range of 6 figures, the problem is that I still have some hesitation on taking the lead: I don't feel the business as mine and I would like to start my own business even if I will have to fight more and undertake an uphill road. My father has always guaranteed me a good lifestyle and he have paid for all my studies until the graduation( always in the medical field: I'm a radiology technician) and now that he is 70 years old he's preparing for the retirement. He would be so happy to teach me all he know in this field and to take me by hand until I can finally take the charge. I'm really torn between the choices I could take and I'm sure that the precious advice of the great entrepreneurs present on here here will help me clearing my mind and taking the choiche that suits me the best. Sorry for the long introduction and thank you again for having accept me on this amazing forum. Have a good day :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Josiah Levi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2020
United States
Hey Rocco! I'm new to this forum as well and new to entrepreneurship as well, so I'm not quite as experienced. For this situation though, you should go for the business you want to build! I'm sure your father would want someone who's passionate to run the business, and if you're passionate about something else, you should go for it. I'm not saying it will be easy though, some people around you might not agree with what you choose, but don't let their opinions dictate what you choose :) But I wanted to say Hi and welcome you!! I hope you're enjoying the forum!

Rocco_M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 30, 2020
Roma
Hey Rocco! I'm new to this forum as well and new to entrepreneurship as well, so I'm not quite as experienced. For this situation though, you should go for the business you want to build! I'm sure your father would want someone who's passionate to run the business, and if you're passionate about something else, you should go for it. I'm not saying it will be easy though, some people around you might not agree with what you choose, but don't let their opinions dictate what you choose :) But I wanted to say Hi and welcome you!! I hope you're enjoying the forum!
Thank you Josiah, and welcome to the forum to you too! Yeah, I'm really enjoying this forum that's full of really great content and I hope you're doing the same. ;) I really appreciate your advice on my situation and in these days, with the fact that we have to stay at home, I thought a lot about it.
I came to the conclusion that in life one should never refuse something before really trying it, so I believe that I will undertake this venture: for understanding if it's something that really can suit me and give me the life that I want. After all, if I'll undersand that it's not what I would like to do I'll still have learn something about businessess and I could use this knowledge for start a new business venture. I'm sure that my parents would be able to understand. Thank you again for your help and I wish you the best for your journey in this amazing community and in your life as well! :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.