The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello new amigos

Full Court

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 26, 2017
USA
First off, thank you @MJ DeMarco for creating all of this! I bet it's an awesome feeling to have an idea turn into something life changing for so many people. I can't thank you enough. Secondly, thank you to the members of this forum. I've gotten so much value from so many different people on here. I hope I can some day provide even a sliver of what you have given me.

My upbringing was very inconsistent and lacked the guidance I think most get. If any of you have dealt with people with alcohol or drug problems you probably understand. There's just so much uncertainty.. you don't know if anybody is going to be around, you don't know if anyone is going to pick you up from practice, you don't know how that person is going to be acting today, etc. But to be honest I think the uncertainty really taught me how to roll with the punches and how to be self reliant. Yeah, it would have been nice for someone to help guide me up the mountain, but because there was no one saying this is the right way - I was allowed to form my own opinion and my own thoughts and come to my own conclusions. I think if I didn't have the rough childhood that I did, I wouldn't be well suited for entrepreneurship.

Fast forward a bit, dropped out of college $40,000+ in the hole, no degree so that means no good job. Can't say I'm happy about it because I've busted my balls working an outdoor job, and that's not much fun in the Michigan winter. But(!), I know if I was working a cushy job I wouldn't be motivated to work toward driving on the fast lane, I'd be too comfortable. Instead I leave work every day mad that I have to take orders from these people and that I haven't bitch slapped the time clock off the wall yet.

So with that said - I'm plugging away at a couple things. Quick sidenote: Something I didn't internalize before I started making some moves, was that when you first get going things move slow.

First thing I'm working on is a product that already exists, I'm just making it better. I made a Facebook event with a small amount of people that this would appeal to and received 30some preorders. I ordered 72 total so the 30 will really help with cash flow (as I don't have a ton to put in) and also help get the product out there. The shipment should arrive in about 2 weeks and I'm really excited about this because I think the potential is there.

Second business is a food cart. Not fast lane at all but I need to work with what I have at the moment and I'm in a position that I have to hustle. Eventually I'll parlay into bigger opportunities.

Third thing is a training program. I shouldn't have fought this for so long because I know the subject and I have worked under (literally) the best in the industry.
*Edit* not an ebook or online program... really not even fast lane. Basically I've been training high school and college basketball players for the last couple of weeks since the season ended and I've grown from 2 guys coming consistently to a little over 20 and it's all from word of mouth. So I've gotten in touch with some local coaches to work their guys out and pretty much have them get comfortable with recommending me to their players. Eventually id like to get a 4-6 week long program because I know how much a player could improve from having consistent high level training.

Gotta shoot to score, right? Who knows what could take off..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Full Court

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 26, 2017
USA
Just clicked this to see what it looked like once it's posted and an ad for the school I dropped out of is in the middle of my post lol I hate that place

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...