The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello MJ

ronniebryan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 24, 2011
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Hi MJ, if this is in the wrong thread, please move it, a couple days ago I had mentioned I contacted Apple, INC about an idea I had. I read your book, thought hard about how I could reach millions, do something I didn't necessary love, but other people would. I have a gut feeling this will be a choice that will move me toward the fast lane , so I invite criticism.

The idea, is to create a software application that can be applied to cell phones that allow a person to scroll up and down either by touch screen, or through a button feature, the application will have pre-written names in all possible spellings of the name, as well as, pre-written passages of text. Users then can highlight their option and with one button ease have it stored ready to send.

Or just make adding names to the address book easier, as I understand, I may have to build a business around this idea I have contacted InventHelp, from what I gather, they don't actually, invent anything you pay them over 10 grand they will put a patent to your idea through a patent law firm, and market your idea at trade shows and in magazines.

I contacted these people, as I am limited in my resources.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ronnie... this is just an app, of which there are tens of thousands and thousands of developers.

You should do it. But don't expect APPLE to care. They get probably 10,000 unsolicited ideas daily. The only way to get this done is to get it built as an app and sell it on the open market to phone users.

ronniebryan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 24, 2011
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Thank you Vigilante, I spoke with some self made millionaires I know, and believe me they do think differently, than the slowlaner's I looked up to. They warned me of challenges I could face, and told me the next step in my process, so I followed their advice and contacted a patent law firm.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I've read your post like 5 times and I can't seem to understand what your idea does.

Edit: The technology world moves so fast that by the time your patent is (hopefully) issued, the idea could be obsolete. You might want to discuss copyrighting with the attorney. That may be a better option.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sly76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 20, 2011
San Diego, CA
Wade1mil is right forget the patent go for copyright or provisional patent ($110) way faster and cheaper.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.