What's new

Hello from your friendly neighborhood raccoon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest1413tpa
  • Start date Start date
  • INTRO 

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
G

Guest1413tpa

Guest
Hi

My name is Ross aka Mr Trash (Short for Raccoon aka Trash Panda, my spirit animal). I associate with the raccoon because I have a fun habit of thriving and loving trash, and its a good converstation starter.

I'ma 27 year old working as a Salesforce consultant (oh such fun dealing with a buggy piece of enterprise software). I read TMF , Unscripted and Wealth Exposed in a 48-72 hr period (don't worry, I can read fast and retain information :)

About me... well... where to start. After graduating from college in 2015, a part of me left me, and I have been searching for it for years.

The past five years have been filled with literal and figurative jumping from dumpster to dumpster, some good, some bad. Graduation from college in 2015 with a nearly worthless Urban Planning degree, followed by a stint at non-profits, and finally a failed stint in Aviation where I got falsely accused and fired(proof that following what you love as a job/entrepreneur never works out!) that lead to a nasty bankruptcy, divorce, short time in the sticks of Alabama and a period of rebuilding through stable but boring jobs.

You would think that the past five years would have lead to my FTE, would ya?

No.

It wasn't enough.

I ended up hopping from job to job, up the Salesforce career ladder, looking for environment where I can thrive. Those don't exist at jobs though.

For years, I have been what MJ calls The Idea Entrepreneur in Unscripted. I have so many ideas, but 0 execution. Heck, I even opened a C-Corp and left it dormant for 2 years with no execution, because I whined about how I couldn't code ( such a bad excuse with the amount of resources/no/low code solutions out there today).

What pushed me over the edge started in March of this year, as my state/country began to lock down because of C0VlD-19. I could feel my freedom being squeezed, even though it was for the common good. Working from home and dealing with terrible clients doesn't help either.

So, I began to read and seek answers/thoughts to reflect on about myself. I began to write a weekly newsletter about my life with ADHD (still going!) and prepared to slowly launch a consultancy.

But still, the spark didn't light up like I thought it would, like when I was a kid/in college, solving problems and challenging the status quo.

Before I read MJ's books, I read a book called Driven. Its about the scientific differences in those with ADHD like me. Tl;dr version - We tend to have a hunter mentality but live in a world full of farmers, and thus we struggle with fitting in, jobs, society in general.

It was the small spark that made me think more. I began to research and see if there was anything out there to help me

I got here via James Jani's video that mentioned MJ's books. This is when the spark turned into a small fire.

Before the video finished, I had bought TMF & Unscripted (Wealth Exposed followed last night).

I couldn't put them down. I was reading late this past Saturday, past 1am, when that small fire turned into a blazing flame.

My FTE moment.

I watched live as the city burned. Burned after peaceful protests. One of three events I have seen live (9/11, 2011 Japan earthquake, and this one).

Anger boiled inside of me. I was angry at people.

Angry that I have no freedom to get the heck away from people and be in the woods where I want to me.

Angry that I am tied down to a stable but boring job that involves work with overdemanding clients.

I snapped.

Sunday, I finished Unscripted and Wealth Exposed, then signed up on here. Everything MJ said brought back memories and feelings about how I have had the same thoughts during my youth and college years.

So yeah, thats the short version of how I got here.

I'm not sure where to go next right now. I have been planning since March to launch a consultancy focusing around operations efficiency, but while this does solve a problem, its a unscaleable business, and I already hate dealing with clients as a consultant anyway. Right now I am doing some brief thinking and opening my eyes up to problem solving to see where I go.

Having ADHD is a double edged sword, it gives me a different lense that is invaluable as an entrepreneur, but also makes it really difficult to focus. But with the practice of shipping (little things everyday), I'll get there.

I'm excited to be here and learn from y'all.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Nz GVI nunipv.

O xevdjif mowi et vji dovz caspif. Caspif egvis qiedigam qsuvitvt. Upi ug vjsii iwipvt O jewi tiip mowi (9/11, 2011 Keqep iesvjraeli, epf vjot upi).

Ephis cuomif optofi ug ni. O xet ephsz ev qiuqmi.

Ephsz vjev O jewi pu gsiifun vu hiv vji jidl exez gsun qiuqmi epf ci op vji xuuft xjisi O xepv vu ni.

Ephsz vjev O en voif fuxp vu e tvecmi cav cusoph kuc vjev opwumwit xusl xovj uwisfinepfoph dmoipvt.
Jo @NsVsetj757 , vjeplt gus tjesoph, epf ximduni!

Xjomi vji goetdut saccif ni vji xsuph xez up janepovz, O'n hmef vjev ev mietv zua huv tunivjoph foggisipv uav ug ov emm.

O'n puv tasi xjisi vu hu piyv sohjv pux. O jewi ciip qmeppoph topdi Nesdj vu meapdj e duptamvepdz gudatoph esuapf uqisevoupt iggodoipdz, cav xjomi vjot fuit tumwi e qsucmin, ovt e aptdemiecmi catopitt, epf O emsiefz jevi fiemoph xovj dmoipvt et e duptamvepv epzxez. Sohjv pux O en fuoph tuni csoig vjoploph epf uqipoph nz izit aq vu qsucmin tumwoph vu tii xjisi O hu.
O'n gedoph vjot ottai op nz gsiimepdoph et ximm, tu O'n qmeppoph vu fu tiswodi qedlehit (us qsufadvowobif tiswodit) gus e gix timidv dmoipvt- ep essephif tduqi ug tqidogod vetlt epf taqqusv.

Vjot duamf jimq hsievmz vu dav uav nadj haitt-xusl up xjev kuc ot xusvj xjev, epf emtu onqsuwi vji fudanipvevoup, op deti O xepv vu uavtuasdi tuni tvagg uav.
 
Jo @NsVsetj757 , vjeplt gus tjesoph, epf ximduni!

Xjomi vji goetdut saccif ni vji xsuph xez up janepovz, O'n hmef vjev ev mietv zua huv tunivjoph foggisipv uav ug ov emm.


O'n gedoph vjot ottai op nz gsiimepdoph et ximm, tu O'n qmeppoph vu fu tiswodi qedlehit (us qsufadvowobif tiswodit) gus e gix timidv dmoipvt- ep essephif tduqi ug tqidogod vetlt epf taqqusv.

Vjot duamf jimq hsievmz vu dav uav nadj haitt-xusl up xjev kuc ot xusvj xjev, epf emtu onqsuwi vji fudanipvevoup, op deti O xepv vu uavtuasdi tuni tvagg uav.
Ov saccif ni vji xsuph xez vuu, cav vji piyv fez Hsepf Seqoft cepfif vuhivjis vu dmiep aq vji tvsiivt. Vjev hewi ni tuni juqi.

O jewi muulif opvu Qsufadvobif tiswodit e vup, juxiwis vji ottai xovj vji dassipv ottai O jewi ciip vji gedv vjev vji lpuxmifhi ot op nz jief. :sugm: Oen 100% tasi O dep caomf vji TUQt epf qsudittit vu nevdj nz tvepfesft/lpuxmifhi, cav vjev dunit xovj voni.

O'n tvomm si-vjoploph up vjot vjuahj, neopmz et O en tiioph vjev vjisi ot e uqqusvapovz op vseopoph, xjodj ot ietois vu tdemi epf nevdjit vji DIPVT nivjuf.
 
Jo Ns. Vsetj muwi vji peni epf vjeplt gus tjesoph. O jewi apvsievif EFJF nz xjumi mogi p 47 pux epf ov dep ci csavem cav xjip iphehif qsuqismz ov't emm huuf.
 
Jo Ns. Vsetj muwi vji peni epf vjeplt gus tjesoph. O jewi apvsievif EFJF nz xjumi mogi p 47 pux epf ov dep ci csavem cav xjip iphehif qsuqismz ov't emm huuf.

Vjepl zua!

O giim zua up vjot upi. O en dassipvmz apnifodevif cav ati nifovevoup epf uvjis tvsevihoit vu xusl xovj ov, optvief ug taqsittoph ov moli O jewi uwis vji qetv gix ziest.

Og zua xepv vu djev fiiqis ecuav vjot, miv ni lpux. O muwi fotdattoph EFJF epf qsuwofoph wemai/ofiet up jux vu xusl xovj ov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom