The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from UK

Baabaarooroo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 10, 2019
UK
Hi everyone. James here, a 42-year-old male from the Uk here with 2 kids under 4. I have been a stay at home dad since the kids arrived (coincided with my business slowing down and being unsatisfied with it). I have been working on (procrastinating on) getting a kids party bag product out there. I found this forum and the books (in the midst of reading) via a comment on some website which described it as a no bs/ no hype type of place. One of my time wasting habits is to view forums and get sucked into random online browsing and so I think if I can transfer that habit to this forum it might be a more motivating move towards my goals (it is time to get off the sidewalk).

I tend to be a lurker in forums but will try to be interactive. So far, I am finding my feet here and going through some gold forums but the place seems like a wonderful community and I am glad I have found it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Baabaarooroo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 10, 2019
UK
Welcome my friend.

Anything happen to get your sights on this idea?

Thanks for the welcome MJ and actually a question I haven't asked myself directly.

To answer the question it is a similar but different thing to what I previously did. I (with a business partner) used to manufacture and sell 'goody boxes' to local corner shops, convenience stores, and wholesalers. These were boxes with a mixture of confectionary, a drink, and novelties. A few things put me off this business: competition was tough, small margins, lots of work and space and storage needed, personally not happy with the product (not something I would want my kids' buying). However, on a print run where we had space I did design a party box and now have a load of party boxes I can use.

Initially, I like the idea of selling personalized party boxes on Etsy and online to begin. At the moment finding time is tough due to looking after the kids but in September the 3-year-old will be in nursery 2.5 days a week and the little one will be at his grandma's giving me some time to put a lot more into the execution.

I haven't got through your books yet but I do get the idea that 'control' is a big aspect. At the moment most party boxes (loot bags in US I think) depend on products from a couple of big wholesalers and contain a lot of the same stuff. I do have some ideas to put more control in my hands and to develop a couple of products to go in the boxes that also might be stand-alone products in their own right.

I do think the idea has potential beyond Etsy with b2b sales to people in the party industry, local sales, and other channels.

Really though, the main answer is I want to do this because it utilizes the boxes I have, uses the wholesalers I know, seems to be something I can start without much expense and it is where my mind has been directed for a while and I want to follow through on it and learn with it.

If I actually execute this idea then it will be a big learning opportunity on internet marketing and selling online which I think will be the keys to getting me out of the slow lane whether it is party boxes or something else.

A bit of a rambling reply and I had to stop myself writing more but the question was an obvious one but a good one that I am grateful for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...