The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the Caribbean :)

AddeyRoubens

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 12, 2016
Hey, everyone. I am new here and not sure where to start, lol. Anyway, I am from one of those small Caribbean islands you've probably heard of in the Greater Antilles, but that's not important. I read the book and I wish I had its advice 10 years ago, especially knowing about "doing what you love". I did what I love with tremendous passion, and it provided me tremendous ego boosts that boosted me straight into a financial brick wall. At least it shattered childish dreams and I'm thinking much more differently about what it means to live and to be of value to the world.

I have challenged myself by giving myself until my 29th birthday (which is late next month) to come up with an idea to start a business that serves needs on a potentially global scale. I am not looking for anything glamorous. I have chased glamour enough. However, an idea popped in my mind to start an industry specific trade website with a social network component to it. I know nothing about coding or building websites, much more social networking sites. However, I found social networking platforms on the web such as KickApps and Ning and Elgg and I'm thinking about using those. I don't want to be "hitchhiking" on anyone else business; I'm hoping that using a platform isn't hitchhiking, but let me know, perhaps I'm a little lost in the grey areas of the concept. I suppose if I would be hosting a domain on Liquid Web (for instance) then essentially it is the same thing: I'm just outsourcing.
I'd love some solid advice from those here who has built an internet business on where to start. I'm already jumping ahead into my own research because I don't like sitting still when I have a cool idea I want to do. Also is there any advice on what books or tutorials are good for website development and earning income from a web based business? I plan on letting this be one man business where I run this from home on my computer, while outsourcing, if I can (I'm on a shoestring budget), any development that might be outside of my capacity.

Entrepreneurship is VERY new to me. It's kind of scary but I'm up for the challenge. What is there to lose? You live once anyway, and I've done many crazy things I never thought I'd ever do. This would be one of them. I'm happy to be part of the community, hope to hear back from you guys.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...